New Macbook Pro not seeing VCI-400 soundcard
    Tech Wizard

Default New Macbook Pro not seeing VCI-400 soundcard

I just bought a new (used, 5 months old) Macbook Pro today (Intel i7 2.5Ghz, 8gb Ram) so my girlfriend could use my older one (Intel i5 2.4Ghz, 4gb Ram). The new machine is not seeing the VCI-400. I plug it back into the older macbook and it pops up right away in the Audio Settings, same cable. The ports are working fine when I plug my Iphone into them so I highly doubt its a problem with the port itself. I also tried plugging in my old VCI-100 to check the port and indeed Traktor shows that its receiving MIDI activity from the VCI-100 but NOT from the VCI-400 at all. It seems to be something specifically between the new machine and the VCI-400. Both systems are running the latest version of OSX Lion. Any ideas please?
    Last edited by resorte; 07-04-2012 at 05:50 AM.

Okay so just to cover the basics:

1) Are you referring to the EGE?

2) Have you installed the driver from Vestax/DJTT?

3) Have you imported the correct .tsi mapping?
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

Tech Wizard

1) Are you referring to the EGE?

Yes

2) Have you installed the driver from Vestax/DJTT?

As far as I understood, for the Mac, there are no drivers needed, correct?

3) Have you imported the correct .tsi mapping?

Yes, redownloaded a fresh copy of the latest tsi mapping and loaded several times.

* as an update, I tried connecting my old NI Audio 2 soundcard and installed the driver and that doesnt seem to be showing up on this new macbook either. what could be the problem?
    Last edited by resorte; 07-04-2012 at 02:19 PM.

I have basically 'zero' experience with Mac. Just trying to help if I can though. That being said, I can't confirm wether or not a driver is needed for a Mac.

You've resolved that the USB ports are working by plugging other devices into them. I assume you have tested that the VCI itself is not the problem? (i.e. plugging it into a different computer?)

I'm pretty much at a loss man ... hopefully some MacMaster will stumble on this thread.
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum