Music Selections for Charity Gig (Relay for Life)
    Tech Mentor

Default Music Selections for Charity Gig (Relay for Life)

I have been chosen to DJ the Relay for Life. They hired a sound contractor to provide the sound for two football fields, but I am to MC / DJ for 20 hours with several 2 hour breaks throughout the night. It is a charity relay race. Last year the sound contractor didn't realize he was supposed to provide a DJ and they literally hooked up an iPod full of 80's and put it on shuffle. There are usually 4000-7000 people at this event.

I am looking for song selections. All told I am probably going to need to provide 8-12 hours of music. They want upbeat stuff to keep the relay people motivated. The theme is Disney, so I imagine they want me to play some Disney songs. Any suggestions for songs to play would be great as I usually only have to come up with 6 hours of music at a time.

And yes, I know this is not what DJ techtools does, but this community over every single other DJ community has been the most kind and helpful, so I chose to ask you as well.

Theme from Chariots of Fire?

Tech Mentor

Most definitely! I can't believe I didn't think of that. Keep 'em coming guys.

Young Blood by The Naked and the Famous is great for a "motivation" and "uplifting" type song. It's been used in several commercials like a pepsi commercial promoting "youthfulness".

If there was ever an appropriate time to bust out that Mulan song...it's now.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs