Need an Extra Set tracklisting....need help ASAP!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Need an Extra Set tracklisting....need help ASAP!!

hey guys...i have my first gig at a famous local club and i have spent months getting it. I dont have my own gear so i am using the club owned turntables. i am a complete newb/ beginner and i have been a bedroom DJ till now. I only play trance and progressive house & sometimes minimal. i have prepared 2 sets (1 hour each) for my gig. but now i have started to freak out that the people may not like my music. so i have decided to keep an extra set..just in case. so i need someone to suggest a decent track listing for my set (130 - 140 BPM). I need this a lot guys.. Please help me!!!!

Welcome to for forums buddy. Get on beatport. Find some charts, follow some artist, start your research. I doubt too many people are just going to hand you a tracklist. Good luck though.

You can't really prepare a specific setlist for a situation like that because you have no idea how the crowd will react to your choice of music. Your best bet is to be really familiar with your genres of choice and be able to pick out the right tunes based on how the night is going.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Yeah, I would plan the first few songs (maybe 2 or 3) and then just go from there.

When I first got Traktor I imported my whole music library into it, but since then i've deleted everything and I only add tracks that I think I will use. This has brought it down to about 100 tracks instead of 1000+ and has made it much easier for me to learn my music and shit.
    Thought that might help.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Louie_V View Post
    Welcome to for forums buddy. Get on beatport. Find some charts, follow some artist, start your research. I doubt too many people are just going to hand you a tracklist. Good luck though.
    i have already tried Beatport..i have also downloaded 7 Beatport DJ packs which include - house, progressive house, soulful house, deep house, minimal etc...but i didnt get anything...i dont wanna get booed on my first gig. This means a lot to me.

Tech Convert

thanks for the suggestions guys.. i am also planning to get some equipment of my own. I am new to this...so any suggestions as to what turntables and mixer should i get?

Quote Originally Posted by chaz119 View Post
    i have been a bedroom DJ till now. I only play trance and progressive house & sometimes minimal.
    I thought you said you have our own bedroom gear?

If you are freaking out this much about it, perhaps you are not ready to go live. If you spent months getting this gig, I would assume you did your homework on what is played there. So play that.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Quote Originally Posted by chaz119 View Post
    thanks for the suggestions guys.. i am also planning to get some equipment of my own. I am new to this...so any suggestions as to what turntables and mixer should i get?
    You sure it's a smart idea to go after and take a big club gig if you don't really know what you're doing?

What have you been DJing on until now?

congrats on your first gig

these are pretty fundamental dj things (being able to read and play to a crowd, and selecting tunes). it might be worthwhile to seek out some mentoring from an experienced dj. and maybe even see if a friend (preferrably with some experience) can partner with you/back you up on this gig.

good luck!
    !
    Vista | Traktor Pro 2 | VCI-400 EGE | VCI-100 Arcade | MF Pro Beat Masher | MidiFighter Classic (pics)
    Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    You sure it's a smart idea to go after and take a big club gig if you don't really know what you're doing?

What have you been DJing on until now?
    I was thinking the same thing.
    http://www.mixcloud.com/CalBearister/
    Technics 1200-MK2; DJM-850; Maschine

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast