mpd 26 mapping

Thread: mpd 26 mapping

Tech Wizard

Default mpd 26 mapping

helo DJTT
    I am posting this because I am thinking about buying a mpd 26 and I would know if it is possible to map the two first row of pads to control clips in session view and the two last rows to a synth and an impulse or a drum rack?
    Thank you already

you should be able to map the mpd26 with no problem as long as you dont select it as the imput device in preferances, as im pretty sure there is no native mapping for it, but once you do map it you must make sure you save the map profile

Tech Wizard

thank you for uor feedback but I didn't express myself well with the drum rack and synth part I actually wanted to know how could I map two instruments at once on the same controller
    Thank you again

no you cant because ableton will only play ojne clip from each track at a time...and i dont believe you can arm two tracks at time which would be your two instrukents as they would each have to be seperate midi tracks.... you can however drop simplers into drum racks and then use your mpd26 that way

Tech Wizard

Thank you for your help I never tought of the simpler trick

is all good... im a bit of an ableton noob but tbh ive been using my time at work printing off web tps n tricks for ableton and thats one i found that ive really liked so far i been using it to play synths with drum hits

Tech Wizard

I'll tell you how I liked it when I get my mpd 26 in about a week