S2 Question

Thread: S2 Question

Default S2 Question

Hey all ,

Yesterday ı was at club and this dj was using S4 and that s seems normal beacuse ı know is an powerful awesome controller but the problem is ı dont have s4 so ı am curious that do you need to have s4 to use it in club or can ı use S2 in club as well ? What are the main differences rather than channels ( 2 and 4 ) My last question is that if ı can use it how can ı connect it ?

Thanx
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

Hi,

Yes it's possible to use the S2 in a club. I have. How I do it is just the RCA from the master goes into one of the channels of the club mixer. You can connect from the booth output to the speakers but I find my way easiest.

The good thing about the S2 is that is smaller than the S4 so in those already cramped booths its easier to fit in.

You mean that you put the each channel to mixer and the mixer to speakers and put the mixers volume faders up and use the S2 right ?

The S2 doesn't have filter knobs like the S4, the loop recorders and a few other tidbits.

It really depends on how you plan on using it.

I started with an S2 but moved onto the S4 simply for that little bit of extra control - it really goes a long way.

Tech Guru

Being usb powered is a big plus of the s2

Quote Originally Posted by Serkan Yerdan View Post
    You mean that you put the each channel to mixer and the mixer to speakers and put the mixers volume faders up and use the S2 right ?
    Basically you use the mixer as an amp, the mixer will be conected to the rest of the clubs sound system. Your RCA (red & White) from the master of the S2 goes into one of the channels (lets say channel 1, yes just one channel and push it up), cuing etc is done by the S2 unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    The S2 doesn't have filter knobs like the S4, the loop recorders and a few other tidbits.

It really depends on how you plan on using it.

I started with an S2 but moved onto the S4 simply for that little bit of extra control - it really goes a long way.
    I plan to use it on house and generally soulful house so ı dont think ı need filters or stuff.Usb powered is good and the 2 channells are enough for me.Btw S4 is amazing then the S2 of course but ı dont know why when ı go to S4 price range I kinda like Pioneer DDJ-T1 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Willis View Post
    Basically you use the mixer as an amp, the mixer will be conected to the rest of the clubs sound system. Your RCA (red & White) from the master of the S2 goes into one of the channels (lets say channel 1, yes just one channel and push it up), cuing etc is done by the S2 unit.
    Thanx for the answer that you cleared my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Serkan Yerdan View Post
    Thanx for the answer that you cleared my mind
    No worries, and I couldn't recomend the S2 enough for what I need it for and what you seem to going to use it for.