Library from Traktor to Itunes
    Tech Student

Default Library from Traktor to Itunes

Hi if I want to Switch my library from traktor to itunes to start using serato sometimes. Do I have to start a new database?? or simply delete all files in traktor and import thru itunes.

thanks in advance.

Oscar

They are different so you need to just drag all the material into iTunes. Usually it's easier to have everything in iTunes and let Traktor/Serato et rest import or list the iTunes collections.

Tech Student

but if i drag all the music to iTunes do I have to reanalyze my entire collection? or will it already be analyzed? thanks

I have just recently completed this procedure for exactly the same reason (but to use virtual dj instead of serato). All you have to do is import your music into itunes. Leave it in the same place as it was stored on the hard drive. Traktor will not have to reanalyse your music as it is still stored in the same place.

If you want to copy any playlists you have set up in traktor to itunes for use in serato, just export them from traktor (right click on playlist, export playlist, select m3u as the format) then import them into itunes.

My workflow now goes like this:

Import songs into itunes, set up playlists or move songs into existing playlists, shut down itunes. Open up traktor, import music collection into traktor (I have this set up in preferences so my music folder is set as the default) which then imports and analyses any songs i have added. I still like to use the playlists in traktor (because i can move songs around in the playlists and stuff, which you cant do with the playlists that are in the itunes node) so if i have changed any playlists in itunes, i delete that playlist from the traktor playlist node, and then import the playlist from the itunes node.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    I have just recently completed this procedure for exactly the same reason (but to use virtual dj instead of serato). All you have to do is import your music into itunes. Leave it in the same place as it was stored on the hard drive. Traktor will not have to reanalyse your music as it is still stored in the same place.

If you want to copy any playlists you have set up in traktor to itunes for use in serato, just export them from traktor (right click on playlist, export playlist, select m3u as the format) then import them into itunes.

My workflow now goes like this:

Import songs into itunes, set up playlists or move songs into existing playlists, shut down itunes. Open up traktor, import music collection into traktor (I have this set up in preferences so my music folder is set as the default) which then imports and analyses any songs i have added. I still like to use the playlists in traktor (because i can move songs around in the playlists and stuff, which you cant do with the playlists that are in the itunes node) so if i have changed any playlists in itunes, i delete that playlist from the traktor playlist node, and then import the playlist from the itunes node.
    Thanks I didnt know about exporting the playlist and will start using your method.

again much thanks