Legendary Berlin Clubs Face Closure (in correlation to the gema thread)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Legendary Berlin Clubs Face Closure (in correlation to the gema thread)

I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Blogging it on dutch digital dj community(digidj.nl) as we speak.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

that´s some real serious shit. i also read an interview the owner of distillery (which east germanys oldest techno club) and he said, that they are also facing to close down distillery since the prices are way to high :/

Well, I'm guessing illegal raves will start taking place more and more.
    (Back to the old school)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

gonna be hard in the wintertime but during spring/summer we have like 2-3 illegal technoparties in the woods, under bridges etc. every weekend so we are trained in guerilla party tactics

Don't forget to bring your Batman's Super B Thermal Underwear!

That's so simpleminded, GEMA wants to protect the artist royalties and kills one of the few revenue streams EDM producers have...

Get it over it.

Well, I'm guessing illegal raves will start taking place more and more.
    Best thing that could possibly happen. Get all the try hard of the scene.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    That's so simpleminded, GEMA wants to protect the artist royalties and kills one of the few revenue streams EDM producers have...
    And to make it more absurd: they are not even protecting anything in the electronic music scene as the money is distributed according to chart positions and radio airplay and stuff like that. So the money generated in techno clubs (where most of the music from smaller independent labels is not even represented by GEMA at all) is given to some cheesy commercial fuckheads that already have too much money to begin with. And you can not appropriately battle this, as there is the so-called "GEMA assumption", i.e. you have to proove that you do not play GEMA protected music rather than them having to proove the opposite. It's really a giant pile of shit and the article in the original post only touches on a few of the issues (they for example also just increased the fees imposed on memory sticks/cards - from 0,10€ to 0,91€ for less than 4GB and 1,95€ on larger ones). It's really one of those subjects were even chill dudes like me can develop quite some aggressive potential (did I mention they spend 120.000.000€ each year for administrative purposes?).

But I'm convinced in the end they are gonna back away from their preposterous claims and some sort of compromise is gonna be made (or their stupid monopoly is finally broken, but I don't even dare to wish for something that great). Club culture will continue to exist and those GEMA idiots will pet themselves on the backs stating how fairly they were treating and negotiating with club owners and the likes.

For the German speaking crowd, read this interview if you haven't already (but try to keep only stuff near that you don't mind to be broken, spontaneous outbursts of aggression are quite likely) http://www.berliner-zeitung.de/kultu...,16452772.html

Quote Originally Posted by 1mco View Post
    Get it over it.
    Fuck off!
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast