Sync button + nudge
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Sync button + nudge

The way I would prefer the most to beatmatch in Traktor is matching tempos and nudging into perfect phase with my ears. However, there isn't really an option for this as far as I know. Putting sync on quantizes pressing play or cue to the beatgrid, so one can't do the whole cdj-style cue spam thing to try and get on beat before playing the track. The only thing that seems to do what I want is to play the track, press sync to match tempos, press sync again to turn off the auto-beat/phase sync, and then start it how I want.

This has its disadvantages, as speeding up or slowing down the master deck and still staying beatmatched isn't possible, and having to take the extra second to turn sync on then off isn't ideal. Tempo sync is on in my settings, which I thought would make traktor behave how I want it to but I guess not. There also is a function in the controller manager called "tempo sync", but it seems to do nothing when I assign it and press it.

Any solution to this?

Quote Originally Posted by LiamC View Post
    The way I would prefer the most to beatmatch in Traktor is matching tempos and nudging into perfect phase with my ears.
    press sync start the track then hit pitch bend to fine tune the mix

>

Turn quantize off.

His question is hard to understand ???? I think what he wants to do is pop a mix in hot and on time. seems QUANTIZE off would be the right choice.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    His question is hard to understand ???? I think what he wants to do is pop a mix in hot and on time. seems QUANTIZE off would be the right choice.
    turning quantize off does nothing - it only affects it when the deck is playing. Try it yourself. I guess the cdj-style cue spam ain't possible. It's real helpful sometimes. Better just set my beat grids and load markers...

Go into traktor settings and switch the sync from beatsync to temposync. This makes traktor just match the tempo of each track and you have to keep it in phase yourself.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

^This

That's the way i use Traktor

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    ^This

That's the way i use Traktor
    me too, saves hassle with lining up the grids perfectly and it also allows me to phase 2 of the same tracks like on TTs (I know there is an FX for this but its nice to DIY! ).
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by firebr4nd View Post
    Go into traktor settings and switch the sync from beatsync to temposync. This makes traktor just match the tempo of each track and you have to keep it in phase yourself.
    isn't that the same thing as pressing sync on and then turning it off?

Quote Originally Posted by LiamC View Post
    turning quantize off does nothing - it only affects it when the deck is playing. Try it yourself. I guess the cdj-style cue spam ain't possible. It's real helpful sometimes. Better just set my beat grids and load markers...
    WTF is CDJ style CUE SPAM ???

>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast