loosing my passion for djing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default loosing my passion for djing

I am struggling to keep myself djing. Im big into hip hop and in both the cities I live Lincoln and Leeds the music scene i really bad. All I seem to get offered is commercial gigs and I hate them.

So im thinking of running a club night but looking for sombody to do it with. Do you think this will help with my music passion

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    Do you think this will help with my music passion
    I don't see how anyone here could answer this for you to be honest. Depends on a lot of factors and is very personal.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 07-07-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Mate Leeds is spot on for what you want to play, but getting a hip hop only gig might be a struggle.
    It's the crowd it brings in..

My mate is resident at Rock Bar and he plays funk, soul, disco and hip hop all night long - all the bars round The Calls are the same.

So if you're willing to vary it up a bit you'll get work..

Or you could get a job in a blues club down Chapletown.
    SC | MC

The day-to-day business running your own club will definitely lose your passion for music and much more.

Tech Wizard

have to agree about running a night it is such a drain as i ran one on my own for a year, but heres a tip for you get to tokyo lincon go talk to a DJ explosive get him to point you in the direction of the QBC agency if your willing to adapt to rnb aswell the gigs may be better for you???

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Mate Leeds is spot on for what you want to play, but getting a hip hop only gig might be a struggle.
    It's the crowd it brings in..

My mate is resident at Rock Bar and he plays funk, soul, disco and hip hop all night long - all the bars round The Calls are the same.

So if you're willing to vary it up a bit you'll get work..

Or you could get a job in a blues club down Chapletown.
    only hip hop only night is gin and juice. rock bar is really nice just never see it busy. PS yea im happy playing other styles just dont want to be playing crap half the night. Leeds is very student based

1. take commercial gigs
    2. get drunk at them
    3. drop bro all night

dude your probably just burnt out or something, or your not mixing with new music. After a month long production binge I came back to DJing, and tried to mix with all the songs that I've mixed with before. I got bored out of my mind because I've heard all the music I was playing sooo many times. Bought new shit and it was suddenly much more interesting. Maybe you should try and hop genres, and rediscover your passion.
    Ableton Live 9, Traktor, VCI-400, APC40, QuNeo, Lemur iOS

I never had a passion for DJing

I have a passion for a particular kind of music and DJing is my prefered method of sharing said passion with as much people as possible.

And running a club night seems like you 'll be having a lot of problems on your mind all the time and I also would assume that it's gonna be more a business thing than a music thing.
    Not that I have any experience with running club nights, so don't take my word for it.

I'd suggest you dive into producing if you have the money for it. Or finding new genres that you also enjoy a whole lot.

Maybe you're mistaking "passion" for "excitement".

New is exciting.

I know a lot of people keep their passion (excitement) alive by buying new gear.

For me, all it takes is finding a new type/sub-genre of music. My passion for DJ'ing got re-ignited in a major way when I found Ghetto Funk. Ghetto Funk + Reggae + Hip-Hop + Breakbeat = A LOT OF FUN.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast