Blaze DJ Software - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

It might be best to take the website/blog-artist tracks out of the screenshot.
    thx ^^"

awesome work i'd say midi is probably more important than timecode for most users, and is worth doing right. how long have you been working on the app?
    thx a lot

yea I'm going to add the midi feature in about 1 week..
    and I'll check the filebrowser because someone else complained about problems with it

I have been working for it a long time.. but when I startet with this project I didn't know anything about audio processing so efficient I'm working on it about 6-7 Months but not every day because there is university, girlfriend, friends etc

Banned

There's a paypal donate button IN the software.... Well that'll sure look professional at gigs....

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    There's a paypal donate button IN the software.... Well that'll sure look professional at gigs....
    Seems we have a Negative Nancy here..

Keep up the hard work nypenick. Thanks for contributing to the community as much as you have thus far!
    MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..

Are you really expecting this to be used by professionals like people that actualy DJ for a living. This can be a player in the marked for beginners DJ as a free alternative and envolve from there. So a donate button is not going to be a dealbreaker for posible usergroup. And one more thing Useualy the gig I play the people don't see my laptop screen only the back ot the lid.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

wow... uncalled for negativity this is only afaics the very first version of his software and i'm sure he'd be open to the idea of removing that later on for registered users, once he has some kind of registration system in place.

i think he's done a mammothly impressive job - i guess some people are never impressed
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    i think he's done a mammothly impressive job - i guess some people are never impressed
    I'm sorry, I don't mean to just jump out and be negative, but he DID come in and post promo spam.

And I mean, yeah it's a feat of programming... It's just thus far pointless, and if Mixxx is struggling to be relevant with hundreds of developers and 11 years of development, I can't really predict much in the future of a program made buy one dude, seemingly basing it on lacking quantization "To prohibit extinction of DJing".

I'll be impressed when anything original happens with this. Yay, he recreated the wheel for the four thousandth time, instead of just jumping on board with one of the other many DJ software start-ups to try to get them past this point of comparative irrelevance.

or easy mode: If a single relevant Forum member (or really any actively gigging DJ for that matter) officially switches to this, I'll be impressed.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to just jump out and be negative, but he DID come in and post promo spam.
    i admit it was pretty spammy for a very first forum post, but it is kind of relevant spam

And I mean, yeah it's a feat of programming... It's just thus far pointless, and if Mixxx is struggling to be relevant with hundreds of developers and 11 years of development, I can't really predict much in the future of a program made buy one dude, seemingly basing it on lacking quantization "To prohibit extinction of DJing".
    i don't think mixxx is struggling at all, tho on this forum it doesn't get much time... most software apart from traktor struggles on this forum apart from possibly serato and ableton these days.

i missed that "To prohibit extinction of DJing" comment but did see someone else mention it. he's purposely not going to implement sync+quantize type functions? for the user base who would be most interested in this software i'd say that's kind of dumb. i don't always use sync but i don't see any issue with pressing the sync button to get the tracks at least tempo synched when we already have an accurate bpm on the screen. having to move the pitch fader in that case just seems a bit redundant. tho i do enjoy just mixing manually sometimes, ignoring the screen info... if he's going to add in midi support and some kind of scripting and skins then ofc anyone else could at least add in a vdj style "click to sync tempo". he should at least add that in.

I'll be impressed when anything original happens with this. Yay, he recreated the wheel for the four thousandth time, instead of just jumping on board with one of the other many DJ software start-ups to try to get them past this point of comparative irrelevance.

or easy mode: If a single relevant Forum member (or really any actively gigging DJ for that matter) officially switches to this, I'll be impressed.
    it is free tho... at the stage when it can do at least all that the free version of vdj can do and also have midi then it may be interesting.

there again ofc there *is* always mixxx that has some great stuff in 1.11 and even cooler ones in 1.12. never mind the uber awesome "slip mode" that is in an unofficial code branch atm and stuff like key analysis that will be part of mixxx itself very soon so people (who care about it) don't need to use separate software for that.

i'm still really impressed with his software tho and can't see any point in being negative about it.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Have a look at djdecks if you want to see what one guy can achieve with creating dj software... It is arguably the best software that was on the market with the most open and user focused development of any paid dj app. All done by just one guy, I'm actually a little disappointed I never knew about it and spent so long with vdj when I could have done so much more with djdecks.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

tho at least you should get the benefit of djdecks with the merging of code for vdj 8

Tech Wizard

Yea maybe I did, but people seems to be interested in it so who cares? (except you)

Have you ever looked at the sourcecode of mixxx and do you really know what you're talking about?
    any programming experience?

I recreate the wheel for the four thousandth time?
    Is there any well working free DJ software except mixxx?
    and I personally don't like mixxx's user interface

and watch this:
    http://www.softpedia.com/screenshots/TRAKTOR-DJ_1.png

yea no one would mix with that but now you do
    the difference? you paied 200$

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast