Blaze DJ Software - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nypenick View Post
    Is there any well working free DJ software except mixxx?
    and I personally don't like mixxx's user interface
    the interface isn't fixed in mixxx (unlike traktor etc) you can skin it as much as you like.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

It's amazing the difference a skin makes to peoples opinion of the quality of software...

More power to you bro, I'm sure if you start seeing donations the effort you put into it would increase.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    More power to you bro, I'm sure if you start seeing donations the effort you put into it would increase.
    money is always a good motivator i do suspect that most people will want/expect some kind of sync/quantize, but so long as that gets done sometime this software could have a great future imho esp if ported to mac.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

ah ok.. I never really worked with mixxx because when I tried it (version 0.xx), there was any problem with my audio device

maybe the next time I'll make a sync button because a lot of people are complaining about that there is no..
    but midi comes first

in about 1~2 weeks I'm done with my exams and then I'll do all this stuff and timecode, effects, skins etc

Banned

Have you ever looked at the sourcecode of mixxx and do you really know what you're talking about?
    any programming experience?
    dunno what the source code of mixxx has to do with it. Tons of developers have a fine time working with it. I've never cared to look at it, but yes I have plenty of programming experience.

I recreate the wheel for the four thousandth time?
    Is there any well working free DJ software except mixxx?
    and I personally don't like mixxx's user interface
    What? Yes. You didn't research other DJ apps at any point during the creation of your program?

Also, you know Mixxx supports skins, right? Since it's seeming like the user interface is a much bigger deal to you than the functionality, why don't you just make skins for Mixxx?

and watch this:
    http://www.softpedia.com/screenshots/TRAKTOR-DJ_1.png

yea no one would mix with that but now you do
    the difference? you paied 200$
    That was 12 years ago and was still miles and miles beyond what you've made, both in development and in UI (that look was in style 12 years ago).
    They were inventing the concept of DJ software. You already had that context when you started.
    TONS of people mixed with that.
    I'd never pay $200 for Traktor.

I don't mean to be negative... More power to you for doing something, I'm just saying you're misdirecting your energy here... This will definitely not take off, unless you somehow miraculously come up with some amazing feature nobody else has ever thought of. That's incredibly unlikely, being one guy both skinning and developing this. Mixxx, being open-source with 11 years under its belt, is going to continue to win the Free DJ software game. If you're hoping to beat it out on the user-interface side, it's not going to happen because Mixxx supports skinning, and if you're trying to beat it out on the features side, it's not going to happen because Mixxx is open-source, has hundreds of developers, and 11 years on you. you're not going to beat it out on the Free DJ software niche, it's just not going to happen.

As you develop these new features like midi and timecode, you're just working on catching up to the DJ apps that people do use. People will try it out, sure, and follow it's development, but nobody's going to have any reason to actually switch to your app unless you really come up with some incredible exclusive feature. Lke I said, you can't make it on the User Interface ticket, because other apps already support skinning anyways.

As I said, as it sounds like UI is the biggest thing to you, unless you have some huge game-changing idea on the development/features side, don't bother wasting time on developing to catch up to Mixxx, just start making Mixxx or VDJ skins.
    Last edited by Saurus; 07-10-2012 at 10:31 AM.

@Saurus, did you make a DJ program? Didn't think so, jump off nype's back. From what i've gathered he's not trying to make millions or make Tiesto or Mau5 use his program, and it doesn't have to top mixx. He's just putting together some free software for beginner DJ's for fun. What have you done for the DJ community? He's doing something he enjoys and helping people possibly get into DJ'ing, I say he's doing an excellent job. Keep it up bro, haters gonna hate.
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Good stuff, dude. Keep it up. You've got to start somewhere. You never know, this could be the building blocks for something very new and innovative.

I'm not getting any sound, and I installed everything correctly. It's set to internal too.... Plus The ASIO4ALL is set to master 1 and 2
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Tech Wizard

I'm not getting any sound, and I installed everything correctly. It's set to internal too.... Plus The ASIO4ALL is set to master 1 and 2
    It's possible that the asio driver can't access the audio lines when Media Player, youtube or omething else are running..
    close all running programms, log out on windows and log in again.. thats the first that came to my mind..
    that's usual for Asio4all

i this doesn't help, i actually don't know what wrong

Tech Wizard

@Saurus:
    All what you said might be correct, but I never aimed to get famouse seeing my own advertisement while watching TV.
    This I is just my little project and I have fun at programming and sharing it with other people that might benefit from it.
    And maybe one day after a lot programming it will be a alternative to mixxx oder it will not. who cares?
    So if you don't like it i'll accept that

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast