Blaze DJ Software - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Good on you mate, ignore the dicks - what you're doing is impressive, and I'm sure it will pay off for you in some way..

Shit, your at school/uni, what a fine ass piece of work to show prospective employers - I'd employ you
    SC | MC

Tech Wizard

so version 1.1.1 is out..
    midi is supported now..

it might be still a bit bugy because I had not much time for testing
    but everything worked fine for me

that was bloody quick i'll have to have a play with that later on when i can reboot to windows. you'll probably find the midi functionality will end up growing over time. i guess you've added support to bind any control on the to a note, cc or hi-res pitchbend message optionally in hold or toggle mode? the more features you add to your app the more complex the midi subsystem will end up being either with modifiers like traktor or scripting like midimasher or mixxx etc.

awesome work anyway i may even dig out an old winblowz laptop to give it a go on as i have stuff running on my linux laptop atm.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

Haha yea thats right.. but hold, toggle and direct are still preset by me ..
    these are just the most important midi features and I'll add the rest later on to complete it

cool sure - to start off with just some kind of basic midi setup that can be entered in some way by the user is enough to configure which notes or cc's etc to use. can even live without midi feedback initially. not had a chance to try your latest version yet but will as soon as i find the time. out of interest what did make you decide to create your own app instead of getting involved with mixxx? the choice of programming language?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Wizard

haha ok
    hmm good question..
    one reason of corse is the programming language.. when I grew up I teached my self java, so that was the one i knew best. I can read c++ but I'm not very familier with it. So I was looking for an idea of project I could start improving my java and just for fun.

After a long period of time when I startet my hobby DJing I tried mixxx because I was a poor boy and I couldn't buy traktor. But some features/funktions didn't fit my imaginations and there were a lot of things that didn't work because it was an very early version of it.

so i took my old project and rewrote it, but this time more seriously till now.. and here it is

sure, makes sense. a lot has changed in mixxx recently tho, the next 1.11 is very impressive and you can try a beta version from here http://mixxx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3834 tho it's quite old now and i'm sure there's a beta2 floating about somewhere too.

i'd have thought that java wouldn't be as efficient, but your app didn't seem to use too much cpu at all when i tried it the other day. i haven't coded commercially in java or jsp in a long long time and personally don't like the language so not planning on using java again unless someone pays me over the odds to do so one reason i started my midimasher project was actually to brush back up on my C++ and doing some coding in mixxx is very good for that too. these days most of my paid work is mostly perl/php/sql/javascript/bash in that order i guess.

Tech Wizard

ok I'll try it and tell you how much I liked..

ahh haha a you're a mixxx programmer?
    jea it doesn't use that much cpu but it's very jumpy so I thought about porting the engine to C++ and leaving the UI in java.

midimasher? whats this?
    do you have a link to this project?

perl/php/sql/javascript/bash
    I don't know anything about these. thats the reason why I have a static blog on my website ^^"

Quote Originally Posted by nypenick View Post
    ok I'll try it and tell you how much I liked..
    cool

ahh haha a you're a mixxx programmer?
    jea it doesn't use that much cpu but it's very jumpy so I thought about porting the engine to C++ and leaving the UI in java.
    i only got involved a few months ago and haven't had much time recently. contributed some C++ code for the 1.11 release and a bunch of midi+hid mappings in javascript. hope to find time to contribute more in future.

midimasher? whats this?
    do you have a link to this project?
    it's just my own project that allows you to glue multiple midi controllers to multiple apps and do all the config within midimasher in LUA (tho the version about to be released also supports a more vdjscript-like config language). it started out to replicate the functionality of stuff like bomes, automap and midikatapult for my launchpad, so i can create multiple pages/layers with full led recall on page switch and easily add things like virtual faders across a set of buttons etc. but you can pretty much do anything midi with it. it also now supports hid mapping as well as midi.

when i was using traktor i still did all my config in midimasher with a big TSI file and a midimasher devices def file that assigned names to each traktor midi event. so then i could write stuff like:

send("traktor" "play_a", ON)

to start deck A in traktor playing etc; or more usefully create a toggle button on the launchpad that would do that with something like:

toggle("launchpad", "button1", 1, yellow, red, "traktor", "play_a")

i only have a simple website online for it atm and not many docs. it will be updated as soon as finish testing the new/simpler config format. url is http://midimasher.djism.com/

this forum post outlines my initial ideas on a simpler config format, which is still mostly like how it ended up: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...l=1#post469850

I don't know anything about these. thats the reason why I have a static blog on my website ^^"
    ah sure tho for a java coder something like php is simple. i've mostly been a C+Perl coder but got back into php a few years ago as it's about the easiest thing to deploy to cheap web hosting these days and so plenty of work using it.

btw... i've only used LUA for midimasher but it's a great, lightweight language that is easily embedded if you needed some midi scripting support later on. the midimasher core is C/C++ but it can also be embedded within java. the alternative is to have modifiers and conditions built into the gui like traktor does or a homebrew simple scripting language like VDJ or my new midimasher config. mixxx uses javascript for it's scripting which is also a pretty decent alternative and one that people are more likely to have some clue about...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast