This year's summer hit?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default This year's summer hit?

Too catchy would you guys agree that it's going to be a instant hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

what happened to music ??? depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    I normally think you're overly negative about things, but on this point I have to agree 100%.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by MWagner View Post
    I normally think you're overly negative about things, but on this point I have to agree 100%.
    Pop music will be pop music, nothing has really changed. The lines between pop and electronic music are just more blurry with a lot of the new prog/electro/pop stuff so people get upset when stuff like this gets lumped in with other electronic music and starts getting played at festivals and the like.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 07-08-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Had to stop the song because I got borred. If anyone at a gig asks me to play it . I'll stop the music and call the secureti trow that person out. Would not want to touch him/her as the bad music tast might be contagius

actually some of their songs are ok but not that one.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Okay, I didn't say this was the track of the decade, but It meets all the criteria to become a pop hit. Thats what I was saying. But I do still think it's catchy.(Just like Call me Maybe)
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Me thinks Calvin has done far better songs/productions earlier. Now, Call Me Maybe, that song was played just anywhere when i visited Europe in June this year.

Tech Guru

Didn't you start a thread about a sick new Knife party tune? Slippery slope there buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    Didn't you start a thread about a sick new Knife party tune? Slippery slope there buddy.
    The amount of negativity like this, when it comes to musical tastes among the forums members, is just stupid. Enlighten us on the details of how our civilization will crumble because mr. loverocket likes a Knife Party tune but thinks this one is rubbish!
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by firebr4nd View Post
    The amount of negativity like this, when it comes to musical tastes among the forums members, is just stupid. Enlighten us on the details of how our civilization will crumble because mr. loverocket likes a Knife Party tune but thinks this one is rubbish!
    Sorry for insulting your boyfriend. My apologies.

Here's the general crux of it. Knife party, Calvin Harris, other flavour of teh month shite et al, its general pap under the guise of "EDM". Dance music has hit the mainstream before and there was the same general pap created then much as there is now. Its throw away. There is nothing of any lasting value. Like musical junkfood.

So, to be depressed about current music and getting a hard on for a knife party tune is somewhat hypocritical.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast