What controller would compliment a mixtrack? +home theatre amp Q.
    Tech Wizard

Default What controller would compliment a mixtrack? +home theatre amp Q.

Hey all,

So I have a mixtrack pro. I've been mixing with it for a few months but I am really started to feel limited by it. I've remapped most if not all of my buttons to accommodate what I do, but I still feel its lacking.

Basically when I play (for my close friends ATM) I often 'hard mix' song into song using cue points in traktor, I also use a couple of effects but I think I can definitely learn to throw in synthetic build ups if I could use more effects.
    Also, I love the idea of using many samples in songs to create tunes from nothing.

Based on this, does anybody have any suggestions?

And in regards to the home theater amp, does anybody have any reccomendations for a decent amp to house my sub/5 speakers - I know nothing about amps bu I think I would need 150+ for each speaker output as I have a few big speakers and splice my small ones.

Thanks!

Tech Wizard

No love?

Tech Mentor

maybe an F1, midi fighter pro or a K2 would be a good addition

Tech Wizard

Did you map any modifer/shift buttons? I have a Mixtrack and after mapping extensively it does so much more then what it was able to out of the box. Granted you have the time for mapping, its so worth it in the end. The only reason I got more gear was because of the hardware limitations (plastic build, platter/fader sensitivity, soundcard, and overall build). Its midi, so the only limitation is your imagination.
    Ps. I also play with a Korg PadKontrol for cues,samples and midi-fighterish like effects bc rubber pad>plastic buttons and I ran out of modifers for the MTP.
    Setup:Technic 1200's Mk2, Denon DN-X120 Mixer, Korg PadKontrol, Traktor Audio 6, Numark N4. CPU/Software:Lenovo G550/Traktor Pro 2.
    https://www.facebook.com/DJMeash
    https://www.soundcloud.com/djmeash

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Serbman9 View Post
    Did you map any modifer/shift buttons? I have a Mixtrack and after mapping extensively it does so much more then what it was able to out of the box. Granted you have the time for mapping, its so worth it in the end. The only reason I got more gear was because of the hardware limitations (plastic build, platter/fader sensitivity, soundcard, and overall build). Its midi, so the only limitation is your imagination.
    Ps. I also play with a Korg PadKontrol for cues,samples and midi-fighterish like effects bc rubber pad>plastic buttons and I ran out of modifers for the MTP.
    I am in the process of remapping everything as I see fit - but the main issue I see with it is the lack of knobs for effects. I would map up something like the MF Instant Grat mapping but I have no idea how to!

Tech Wizard

What I did was use the 2 encoders as Parm 2 & 3, pitch fader as parm 1 and the jog wheel as Dry/Wet. I have it all under 1 modifer so I can go back to normal function and can use this setup for single/chained and all 4 Fx units (only 2 can be controlled at once since theres only so many knobs). If your fimilar with programing you can think of each midi command with modifers as an "if" statement. It takes some time to get used to but there are alot of videos showing how to map and what I would do is download a mapping your fimilar with and look at it backwards, try to figure out why everything is there and the M conditions each midi note needs to have in order for "X" to happen.
    Setup:Technic 1200's Mk2, Denon DN-X120 Mixer, Korg PadKontrol, Traktor Audio 6, Numark N4. CPU/Software:Lenovo G550/Traktor Pro 2.
    https://www.facebook.com/DJMeash
    https://www.soundcloud.com/djmeash

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by crckrs View Post
    Hey all,

So I have a mixtrack pro. I've been mixing with it for a few months but I am really started to feel limited by it. I've remapped most if not all of my buttons to accommodate what I do, but I still feel its lacking.

Basically when I play (for my close friends ATM) I often 'hard mix' song into song using cue points in traktor, I also use a couple of effects but I think I can definitely learn to throw in synthetic build ups if I could use more effects.
    Also, I love the idea of using many samples in songs to create tunes from nothing.

Based on this, does anybody have any suggestions?

And in regards to the home theater amp, does anybody have any reccomendations for a decent amp to house my sub/5 speakers - I know nothing about amps bu I think I would need 150+ for each speaker output as I have a few big speakers and splice my small ones.

Thanks!
    I was in the same predicament you're in right now a few weeks ago. And my advice for you is the Twitch. It sounds like you're using traktor so what you can do is revert the mixtrack to its default mapping and then map the buttons on the Twitch to do everything you had the mixtrack doing and then some. OR you could get the Twitch and just drop the mixtrack completely. Either way the twitch would eliminate the need for say an F1 or midi Fighter