Lol tip for anyone buying a macbook... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I saved 10% on my MBAir with this student discount. Bought mine online, I actually had to log in with my student username and password via another student webshop.
    Gear: late 2011 13" i7 256GB Macbook Air, Numark NS7, 2x Technics SL-1200MK2, Dateq XTC, 2x M-Audio CX8
    Check my Souncloud for livesets: http://soundcloud.com/dj-subliminal

Yeah, the normal EDU discount is not all that much - but for the crowd enrolled at or employed by a university/college: check if your institution participates in the Apple-on-Campus-program. It's a better discount (15% if I remember correctly - but don't trust my memory too much ) than the normal educational one.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Christ you guys. How could any of you feel the slightest bit of guilt by getting a couple hundred off your already overpriced macbook, run by a company who has them made by 14 y/o children in china for a few cents an hour...

Seriously 1,700 for a laptop that is worth half that with its specs? And only paying for the brand and the overall way it runs? It's s rip off, and the people running it are in the top 1% of wealth.

Get your priorities straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wday View Post
    Christ you guys. How could any of you feel the slightest bit of guilt by getting a couple hundred off your already overpriced macbook, run by a company who has them made by 14 y/o children in china for a few cents an hour...

Seriously 1,700 for a laptop that is worth half that with its specs? And only paying for the brand and the overall way it runs? It's s rip off, and the people running it are in the top 1% of wealth.

Did you have a bad day today?

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wday View Post

I totally agree - everyone moaning about how it's wrong to do that, give me a break.

And yes Ksandvik above me...I was having a great day until I saw your 525th pointless post on this site
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Personally i think the fraud is the price on those things *ducks*
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    Personally i think the fraud is the price on those things *ducks*
    i agree and that's why i only bought 1 and now have an hp since my mac died. i got comparable hardware for much, much, less.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    apple student discounts: brings the price down to what it should be!
    not even close imo

I can see how some people can post on line about how wrong it is or how its fraud (probly the same group that have never broken any law no matter how little or dumb it may be IE: Jaywalking)

Realistically if it was fraud then apple would enforce it. They use it as a tactic to get the sale if need be. As someone who works at a dj store that advertises "B-stock, open box, warehouse resealed, etc." and actually ships a brand new unit just uses that as a way to get a product to a customer at a better price I'VE NEVER had anyone call me and say they were supposed to get a open item and got a new one. The practice has been around forever, you can literally charge any insane amount for any product and get some people to buy it, however, you also want a legitimate way to lower the price for people that are better informed on value.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast