Mixdeck Quad

Thread: Mixdeck Quad

Tech Mentor

Default Mixdeck Quad

So I'm currently rocking an S2 after about a year with TSP2 and CDJs. I saw the Mixdeck Quad today, and it seems like a lot of the things that initially put me off about the Mixdeck have been fixed (full mapping support for all major software systems, MIDI supported mixer, etc.) and I kind of see this as potentially being my go-to thing, barring any sort of horror stories about it. I miss the feeling of using CDJs and would love to have the best of both worlds. This would also allow me to leave my precious laptop at home and just bring thumb drives/CDs, plus it would be one setup for every DJ at a house party. Does anyone have any stories (both good and/or bad) about the Quad?
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sunshine View Post
    So I'm currently rocking an S2 after about a year with TSP2 and CDJs. I saw the Mixdeck Quad today, and it seems like a lot of the things that initially put me off about the Mixdeck have been fixed (full mapping support for all major software systems, MIDI supported mixer, etc.) and I kind of see this as potentially being my go-to thing, barring any sort of horror stories about it. I miss the feeling of using CDJs and would love to have the best of both worlds. This would also allow me to leave my precious laptop at home and just bring thumb drives/CDs, plus it would be one setup for every DJ at a house party. Does anyone have any stories (both good and/or bad) about the Quad?
    I just recently introduced myself to the world of midi mapping and Traktor pro. I've been using some lower end controllers for a bit, but I just recently purchased a Mixdeck Quad. It's a sturdy, reliable piece of equipment that, despite a bit of effort to get it working initially, is relatively simple to use.

Unfortunately NI hasn't released any mappings for Traktor yet, though I did go the trouble of mapping it myself. I didn't map the mixer because if you route the mixer externally rather than mapping it to the internal mixer you utilize the powerful built in Numark DJ IO sound card.

The only thing that bothered me was some of the button layouts. I don't use sync so I don't miss not having it, but I prefer knobs for my wet/dry. This was easily solved when I mapped the decks myself though.