Is anyone else scared for "EDM" ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is anyone else scared for "EDM" ?

Just found this kid...and supposedly he's extremely popular.

My day is officially ruined.
    This is honestly one of the worst things I have ever seen...
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

not really my thing
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

We've done this already, nothing to see here...
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Tech Mentor

He just got done with a show here a few months ago. Until then, I had never heard of him. Did a quick YT search and wasnt impressed. Apparently he is known for his "crazy" videos and chuckie mask. Not a whole lot of innovation behind the mix, but the kiddies seem to like that hardstyle, electro party rock sound that he has.

Heard a rumor that he refused to play a show when his mask got stolen and/or wasn't returned. Just goes to show that he doesn't have much confidence without it and that his "shows" seem to revolve around him dancing and fist pumping before and after his "transitions".

I dont think that "EDM" is in danger at all from him. IMO the new generation of electronic music fans will move onto other things soon enough or they will outgrow the hyphy scene and start to respect performers and artists like Derrick May, Mark Farina, James Zabiela etc.

Say what you want, it's got you talking about him
    And he's the one with fit girls dancing round him..
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Say what you want, it's got you talking about him
    And he's the one with fit girls dancing round him..
    ahh true.
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

sorry man but i find it a bit funny to be scared for any type of music. electronic music has been around for quite some time and will continue to keep going forward. "old" sounds are still being created and reinterpreted with some cases leading to new sub genres or styles. to be honest, i'm in a state of constant amazement and awe of how many people are stepping up and creating music that i love every single day. if i don't like something, i skip it and move on until i find what floats my boat.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Shinny disco ball? haha

This is not far off from a SNL skit IMO
    2x Technics SL-12000 mk2 / 2x Numark HDX
    Kontrol Z2 / Ecler Nuo 3 / Custom Vestax 07Pro 25th Anniversary, Blue Led's & integrated Audio 6 / Numark DXM06 w/innofader
    Novation Dicer / NI Maschine / Kontrol X1 / F1
    TSP2

Quote Originally Posted by Janky View Post
    He just got done with a show here a few months ago. Until then, I had never heard of him. Did a quick YT search and wasnt impressed. Apparently he is known for his "crazy" videos and chuckie mask. Not a whole lot of innovation behind the mix, but the kiddies seem to like that hardstyle, electro party rock sound that he has.

Heard a rumor that he refused to play a show when his mask got stolen and/or wasn't returned. Just goes to show that he doesn't have much confidence without it and that his "shows" seem to revolve around him dancing and fist pumping before and after his "transitions".

I dont think that "EDM" is in danger at all from him. IMO the new generation of electronic music fans will move onto other things soon enough or they will outgrow the hyphy scene and start to respect performers and artists like Derrick May, Mark Farina, James Zabiela etc.
    Mark Farina's Mushroom Jazz records are a steady staple in my listening diet, and always will be

This is something that I could actually play at a club and expect people to freak out to. It's crazy in the good way IMO and it sound as he has put much time in the song choice.

This is better then a lot of the shit I'm used to hearing of DJ's around where I live.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast