custom traktor controller with internal 7" vga screen mod - Page 3
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    here's a little preview of what you can expect... obviously you can drag these cloned windows around the desktop or on to another screen. There is an option to remove the title bar which you can see I've already done on the top right clone.
    Can I just say, that looks extremely cool! Have a feeling a lot of people both here and on other sites would be very keen on getting a copy of that software! Great work so far, keep it up man and don't forget to let us know how things go.

I'm waiting for my friend to send me the source as there are still some bugs and I want to fix them first. I want to remove the anti aliasing because it's causing a bit of flickering/tearing on the cloned windows. Nothing too major but I'd like it to be as perfect as possible first.

Tech Wizard

dude that software would be so awesome.

just a couple of weeks ago i spent a whole evening searching the interweb for all kinds of magnifying apps, but none did what i wanted.
    now yours looks like exacly what i been searching:

what i would use it for is just to display the upcoming track (respectively both decks track infos) and put them on an extra usb screen, so my mc on the front stage can easily read which track is coming up next.

really looking forward to any news about this. and i'd even be willing to donate a little thing to you and your programmer friend. the only problem beeing that i am on OSX.. :/

OSX version almost certainly won't happen, from me/us at least... I will upload the source (if I get permission) so that anyone else can make an OSX version though.

oh yeah - this is the latest screen I'm considering:

Technical Details:
    10-Inch Digital Photo Frame
    UbiSync USB mini PC monitor to use as a secondary display
    1024x600 resolution for detailed images
    1GB internal memory

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ie=UTF8&s=photo

the good thing about it is that i've got the option to display Traktor at fullscreen width... not quite high enough but I can sacrifice some of the track display.
    Last edited by MiL0; 07-07-2009 at 09:09 AM.

Tech Wizard

ahh yea well that what i been guessing.
    maybe i will crowdsource that same program for osx and hope that i find someone to do it for 50 bucks

imo that new screen looks a little cheesy, but i guess the higher resolution makes up for that...

The facia/casing will be removed as I'm designing a custom bit of plate metal that will encase the whole front and all the internals (midi controller etc) in a flightcase.

so how's this whole thing going?
    i would wait another week before i post but i'm so damn curious about it!

i'm esp. curious about the software!
    i think it's not only of use for djing but you can put that software for a lot of other purposes to use!

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

no progress made since the last update.

I'm waiting for the guy who programmed it to give me some more information about how certain things work. I have the source but it still needs the anti-aliasing turned off so that it doesn't flicker so much.

If I don't get it sorted by, let's say, Sunday 26th July then I'll stick the version that I've got up on here as is.

I completely forgot about this, sorry!

I'll upload the program tonight with some instructions

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast