custom traktor controller with internal 7" vga screen mod - Page 5
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kaleaf View Post
    MiL0, sup

I posted that board because in your op you said you were looking at itx mb's. The board I linked is lga-775 for core 2 desktop chips. I dont think the atom would be worth it because the desktop chips are cheap enough and many times faster.

also the link I gave you is outdated now but there is newer boards from them on newegg
    yeah I would much rather have a desktop chip but the problem is finding a decent enough case and psu. The main problem with LGA-775 processors and ITX motherboards is the heat issue - you'd need quite a good case and fan in order to prevent stability issues.

The dualcore Atom box I mentioned above is pretty underpowered but its an all-in-one system so I wouldn't need to worry about case/psu stuff. If it's not fast enough for serious Traktor 3 work then I wouldn't bother.

Tech Mentor

Actually the cheapest desktop processor the Intel E 5200 or whatever it is called works at a relatively small specified temperature. Using applications like traktor I never got temperatures above 40 degrees in summer. Likewise energy consumption remained very low at around 50-60 Watts for the whole system (including HDD, an Amp but no Monitor), which is indeed the specified minimum.
    Furthermore a nice aspect is that the processor can easily be overclocked without creating heat or stability problems, the numbers above were achieved with the system running at 2 times 3,3 ghz. So thumbs up for that one

Wow, following this closely

Tech Wizard

Here's the touchscreen I use (and it's incredible)..

Xenarc 702TSV

L8,
    dJ dAb

Intel Mini-ITX Motherboard DG45FC, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.16Ghz, 4GB Ram, (2) 1TB SATA HD, Audio 8 Soundcard, Traktor Scratch, 2 modified XP10 DJ Controllers (vinyl-touch CD scratch / jogs), Faderfox DJ2 Mixer, Traktor 3.4, Virtual DJ 6.0.1, DVI/VGA Video Out, Video Capture w/4 low lux cameras and 2 AAXA P2 Pico Projectors. All in a customized flightcase only 6" wider then a 1200!

wow, veeery nice setup!
    which low lux cameras do you use? are those usb webcams?
    an what projectors do you use?

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Quote Originally Posted by rallevondalle View Post
    Wow, following this closely
    Same here!

Post some pics of your design or ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Anachroschism View Post
    Same here!

Post some pics of your design or ideas.
    At the moment, I've settled for turning my laptop into a wall mounted media centre for my bedroom... check out the attachment below to see what I've done so far...

I built the frame out of wood using a self-assembly pine/timber shoe rack from Argos (cost about 6 quid but has some surprisingly usable wood that was easy to repurpose). I've got a power socket mounted behind the laptop and a network-over-power adaptor for connectivity. I've also installed an IR sensor for the media centre remote and a wireless keyboard and mouse. The next step is to get some wireless speakers as the laptop ones are semi-broken.

Building the frame for this actually gave me quite a few good ideas for building a much more sophisticated case for my DJ setup. I'm thinking of buying a standard flightcase and then mounting my DJ controllers, laptop, soundcard, etc all in a nice case. I'm gonna pick up the Vestax Spin in the next few weeks so hopefully that'll be the basis for a really nice portable controller.

dJ dAb - your setup has definitely been an inspiration for me - can you tell me a bit more about how you fixed all the bits inside the flightcase? It looks like all the controllers are screwed down somehow?

Tech Convert

Sad. No one actually mentioned if this tool helped things work proper with an external display.
    I think that would be an excellent addition to kit.
    For now, because I'm a cheapass and have no moonies left over, I am going to be trying to use my PSP as an external screen haha. I'll report back tomorrow with how it goes. It would be so awesome to have a customized secondary view. Thanks.

don't think people realise what this tool can do... it's quite an effective way of re-arranging all the GUI elements in Traktor but there are also a few limitations.

good news is that I'm looking to get it re-programmed so that it can work on just one screen and Traktor can be minimised so that only the cloned areas are displayed. More news soon...

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast