Graphic Design Masterclass for DJ & Producers | Free Album Art Photoshop Templates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Graphic Design Masterclass for DJ & Producers | Free Album Art Photoshop Templates

Hi guys,

Hope all of you are well. I've been working on a short masterclass for DJs & producers to learn some basic design principles. Check out the full write up, video, and templates over at my blog.

Enjoy!
    Priscilla J

http://pushmorebuttons.com/post/2695...producers-part

This is sick, Priscilla!

This looks great! As a graphic designer myself I enjoy creating my own cover art for my mixes.
    Thanks for sharing

bravo!
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Very nice!

Will watch this later. I'm a Graphic Designer but always good to watch new things!

Tech Mentor

Thanks guys. I appreciate the support. I'm excited to work on the following sections and will hopefully have a nice Ebook at the end of the series.

As always if you have suggestions for new things to learn let me know.

- P

Might talk about the various formats and sizes for artwork for various distributions, seems every channel, aggregator and distributor has a different idea of the artwork size, 1720x1720, 1200x1200, other oddities. I usually do the highest resolution and scale down but it's a mystery for me about why certain distributors require certain sizes.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Might talk about the various formats and sizes for artwork for various distributions, seems every channel, aggregator and distributor has a different idea of the artwork size, 1720x1720, 1200x1200, other oddities. I usually do the highest resolution and scale down but it's a mystery for me about why certain distributors require certain sizes.
    Very true. I did want to cover that but again because each distributor has such a different range, it's tough to design for one. I have found that 800x800 is actually more than sufficient. All of the core elements in the templates are smart objects so they can be scaled without pixelation. Photography is a different beast, but there will be more on this in future courses.

I really wish everyone kept a standard size, but I guess with Retina displays being a hot topic now, we might see some changes in the near future.

I'm the first to admit that I'm no graphics artist. And the artist in my house, my son, does not bother to do any cover art any longer as he's deep into Unity 3D programming. Anyway, as a quick solution I'm using Keynote where I could get decent work done pretty quickly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast