Using Your Controller With Hip Hop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Using Your Controller With Hip Hop

Im new to the thread but i seem to notice the of lack of videos of people mixing hip hop with their controllers. I own a traktor s2 myself which i just recently purchased a couple months ago, but im starting to think controllers are not good for mixing hip hop unlike it is with dub or house music. For the most part my routine is just to cue a end point of a song and cue in the other. Dont really use alot of effects except for reverb, beat skip, flanger and gain knobs for build up, but iv seen the live dub and house performances and it would really be cool if you could cooperate that type of style into live hip hop sets with the traktor s2 or s4. Combining all three genres together would make a crazy set to.

Banned

wat.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    wat.
    im talking bout using a controller with hip hop there's not many videos or advice far as technique wise like there is with dub or house music and making live set ups like they do with house and dub is it possible

It's quite doable, you could do anything similar to house music et rest, loops with filtering and so on. Experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by youngdj92 View Post
    gain knobs for build up
    wat

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Cake View Post
    wat
    filter knobs

I mostly play hip-hop, and I used a VCI100 for years.

I then changed to a pair of 1210s and TSP2, with an X1 and prefer it.

The main issues it that controllers are fairly pony for scratching on, and there are very few controllers that can be scratched on accurately.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

please tell me you're not using "dub" as a synonym for "dubstep"

Tech Convert

yea i see that im i just didnt wont to have a routine with songs just droppin in after one of another which i see most djs who use controllers do

Tech Convert

yea thats what i hear dubstep djs themselves call it dub for short just recently started getting into and im feeling it and the whole live performance part of it would be cool to mix dubstep hiphop and house into one routine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast