Ableton vs. FL Studio... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

FL Studio is on sale for 40% off. really? where can i get that? i want to take it.

Use the code yardsale2012 at checkout. Look for the box to type it in. You could click through and miss it. SALE ENDS TODAY !!!!!!!! JULY 13th !

http://www.image-line.com/documents/...sale-40%25-off

>
    Last edited by loverocket; 07-13-2012 at 08:58 AM.

If you get FL Studio and watch this guys videos on YouTube it will really speed your learning process:

http://www.youtube.com/user/howtomak...?feature=watch

>

So - I can't push myself to purchase FL Studio without having tried it and testing out other DAWs. I know that's the smartest thing to do, but I definitely do want to take advantage of the price cut and to have it now! But, I'm sure it'll go on sale again. Perhaps Christmas? Lol.
    MAKE SMILES
    ACER Aspire 5755 | TP 2 | MIXED IN KEY | S4 mk2 | LPD8 | MDR-V700 | ODYSSEY L STAND
    SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK| TWITTER

What you really should do is watch videos/read/try it out thoroughly with the following in mind:
    -What components do I need for my genre of music?
    -What components do I need open at the same time in all the different sessions?
    -How does this DAW display all the features I actually use?
    -Is there any room to customize this experience later on?
    -What specs does my computer need to have for this to work on the best it can?

Something like that. And also in an order similar to this one.
    But you should write down your own priorities. Although, if you're starting, fl does have infinity tutorials to start on.
    There is a reason why people start on it, it's intuitive for those who have no experience in production.
    Jungle/Trance/DnB Producer - All-Around Drum & Bass DJ
    Soundcloud - Facebook

Sometimes I feel people decide on DAWs based on peer pressure and what their favorite artists use, rather than what their workflow really is.

Tech Mentor

another vote for try before you buy.

You can add Spor/Feed Me as another FL Studio user, but he may have switched.

My personal opinion is I use Ableton Live. I think the interface is less cluttered. For me Ableton Live was easier to learn than FL. FL Studio is great, cheap, you make good music in it, lifetime updates, but serial is non-transferable. So once you buy it, it's yours. that's my .02
    DJ Setup: MacBook Pro, TSP 2.5, (2) Stanton STR8-100, Ecler NUO4, Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, Stanton DJ Pro 2000 headphones, Ortofon Nightclub needles.

Thanks everybody who has responded to this. You have all really helped me out! :-)

I'll be trying a bunch of demos before I buy.
    MAKE SMILES
    ACER Aspire 5755 | TP 2 | MIXED IN KEY | S4 mk2 | LPD8 | MDR-V700 | ODYSSEY L STAND

Tech Mentor

I used FLStudio back when it was Fruity Loops, switched to Reaper when I got into more conventional recording work. Now I'm running a Mac, I still use Reaper for recording bands but it's not very intuitive for composing electronic music imo. Sigh, time to try bootcamp...

I enjoy hearing all of these personal stories, so keep them coming if you've got them! They do help a lot!
    MAKE SMILES

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast