Porter Robinson live!!!!

Default Porter Robinson live!!!!

So 2 days ago, i was bored out of my mind mixing random nothings due to boredom, when i checked my facebook and saw a post from a buddy of mine (more of an acquaintance really) who had a post about seeing Porter Robinson. Within 15 minutes of talkin to him i was showered put my mega loads of swag in a bag on and on my way to meet him. A 2 by 4, 12 pack, pack of cigarettes and some late night McDonalds equaled to be one sick fucking night. ANyways the hole point of this post is to state how amazing PR actually is as a Dj. He even managed to mix in some ratatat into his mix which was absolutely fucking incredible... He even did a couple transitions i do in my mix !

Any other artist who just blew you away?

Tech Wizard

Well, you are very lucky to see him when he's doing well. I saw him when he was just learning to mix. It was terrible. He was a producer long before he was a DJ, so I totally understand. I'm glad he's rocking nowadays, because his tracks are pretty good. I do love me some Unison.
    2x CDJ900 - DJM800 - Xone XD2-53 - Ableton Akai APC40 Edition - Rekordbox - 2x HS80M - HS10W - 2x DXR12 - DSX12

Tech Convert

Porter Robinson is making the most melodic electro out there right now. MMmmmm mmm good. Of course you can't play that stuff all night, but it's perfect for those plateau moments.
    Eclectic Electro >> www.modularjack.net

Tech Mentor

his skills as a dj surprised me quite a bit at EDC this year. He followed up Armin on the main stage....which I thought there'd be no freakn way he'd be able to follow up an act like that but it was actually really really good. He just did a live set on beatport.com where you can see what he's doing on the s4. probably a ustream rip of it up somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by coupon View Post
    his skills as a dj surprised me quite a bit at EDC this year. He followed up Armin on the main stage....which I thought there'd be no freakn way he'd be able to follow up an act like that but it was actually really really good. He just did a live set on beatport.com where you can see what he's doing on the s4. probably a ustream rip of it up somewhere
    watched it today actually if u want a 2 hour set of him and Zed this is the link super awesome and if u want the entire set list i have that as well just let me no and ill post the link of it!!

and yes has improved 10 fold on his djing skill and has only been doing it for a little under a year wish i dad his success and producing skills ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwonka27 View Post
    watched it today actually if u want a 2 hour set of him and Zed this is the link super awesome and if u want the entire set list i have that as well just let me no and ill post the link of it!!

and yes has improved 10 fold on his djing skill and has only been doing it for a little under a year wish i dad his success and producing skills ...
    Link please
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Zedd and Porter (Porter totally over runs poor Zedd lol)

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/16014097

Set list (the times on this site are a little off but ill recognize a couple random landmarks to keep you in track)

http://lsdb.eu/set/89546/zedd-porter...-15-07-11.html

i saw porter a few weeks ago and he absolutely killed it. he has a really good ear and is fairly technical
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Tech Wizard

I also saw him with M Machine when they came through portland. I must say that M maching puts on one hell of a live show out of the fact that almost everything they are going is live. However, seeing this 19 year old kid shred through his tracks and have as much fun as he did is so refreshing to see even though he claims to like production more than DJing. Live performances are work and he has obviously worked on them. Kudos Porter.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MBP 8 GB Ram 512 GB SSD, DN-X1600, Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, 2x Technics 1200 MkII

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by coupon View Post
    Is that the same video Zwonka put up??