Ive hit a brick wall in DJing...
    Tech Convert

Default Ive hit a brick wall in DJing...

My simple story:

Ive been DJing since November of last year when I got a Numark Total Control. So far it's been going great, but Ive been feeling the sting of not having control over everything I would like to control. (ironic since I have this controller called "total control"...) anyway a few months later I bought an Akai LPD8 and mapped it like a mapping bat out of hell, and now, Im stuck....

Ive been planning for the longest time to buy a bigger controller with more control (like an S4 or VCI 400) or even go with a CDJ setup. But after coming up with a plan to spend about $1000 on DJing, and the release of Traktor 2.5, my computer couldnt run Traktor as well as before. About this time I got into production and whattya know, FL Studio doesnt run well at all, and the DAW Im now learning (Studio One) through Production lessons is also doing the same (about 3 minutes into song, everything glitches). So now Im facing the horrible reality of NOT being able to spend $1000 on badass DJ stuff, and having to spend that on a badass computer (Which is also for gaming, but id rather do production and DJing than gaming.).

I figured before that I could skip one of the biggest tools of DJing, an external sound card, by buying a controller with one built in. Well now it has come to the point of me only being able to spend just a little bit of money on DJing, and more on the computer itself so I may continue this magical thing known as controllerism. So my search for a sound card must continue, and my further advancements in tech must come after my computer (Which I am building and is around $900). I'm only 16, and apparently a job is as rare as an NES that isn't yellowed, or a Game Boy that still has its battery cover. After this money is spent, all will be halted until I find a job.

My biggest question which was actually the point of this thread before I decided to type all of the above, is: Fellow DJs of the tools of tech, I need a USB sound card that can also be used as a standalone that has multiple inputs for a max of $150, what are thy suggestions? (I need the multiple inputs just to make more use out of my 30 year old kenwood amplifier without having to switch everything around)

Keep a look out for a second hand NI Audio 4.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/index.cfm

At the moment they've got a used NI Audio 8 for $99.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

make money on production and you won't even have to DJ anymore.

BTW what are your opinions on FL STudio VS Studio ONE ???

>

Tech Convert

I like Studio One, but I like FL Studio more. I feel I could do more in FL Studio than I could do in Studio One. It is a very user friendly program, but FL Studio wins it all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    make money on production and you won't even have to DJ anymore.

>
    what a stupid ass comment...

i hope you were joking...