Dj YOLO?...
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dj YOLO?...

Tech Wizard

Default Dj YOLO?...

So I think Im taking the name, Ive been the market for a dj name for awhile and Im going to start setting up all the rights and taking it to the next level. If anyone has advise for this inspiring Dj let me know. Ive been playing bars and starting small venues and really really want to get into the scne more out here in the UK. Im American stationed in the UK. Near cambridge, New market, Bury... you can search DJ YOLO on Facebook updates coming soon and mixes too...What are some good sites to post mixes to besides sound cloud? What are some ways to spread my name and get gigs? All your help is greatly apperciated.

Quote Originally Posted by skegsurfer View Post
    So I think Im taking the name, Ive been the market for a dj name for awhile and Im going to start setting up all the rights and taking it to the next level. If anyone has advise for this inspiring Dj let me know. Ive been playing bars and starting small venues and really really want to get into the scne more out here in the UK. Im American stationed in the UK. Near cambridge, New market, Bury... you can search DJ YOLO on Facebook updates coming soon and mixes too...What are some good sites to post mixes to besides sound cloud? What are some ways to spread my name and get gigs? All your help is greatly apperciated.
    Are you sure you want the name DJ Yolo?

I'm asking because it might not be well-received by those that don't like drake. Plus it might not be relevant next year if people have already forgotten about "yolo".

Tech Wizard

When I hear/see YOLO I think slutty 14 year old girls wearing canvas shoes.

Immediately I am not searching you on FB, your soundcloud, etc.

Sorry, but this just screams 14 year old, YOLO might have a different vibe wherever your from, but here in Brisbane, Australia its associated with yobbos and XXXX (dirty, cheap beer hahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by crckrs View Post
    When I hear/see YOLO I think slutty 14 year old girls wearing canvas shoes.

Immediately I am not searching you on FB, your soundcloud, etc.

Sorry, but this just screams 14 year old, YOLO might have a different vibe wherever your from, but here in Brisbane, Australia its associated with yobbos and XXXX (dirty, cheap beer hahaha)
    I always thought XXXX marketing was ironic because you guys didn't drink it - or Fosters, which is pushed as the Australian beer of choice...ha!
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    I always thought XXXX marketing was ironic because you guys didn't drink it - or Fosters, which is pushed as the Australian beer of choice...ha!
    I don't even know if anywhere sells Fosters anymore hahaha, that shit is old school!

If you want your DJing to be popular as long as YOLO is popular, I'd say go for it. However, I know a lot of people who already despise the word (more people I meet hate it than like it) so it may not be the best idea. YMMV. Good luck.

YOLO is kind of mutually despised among a lot of people and anyone who uses it is often looked down upon.

Having it as a dj name is a great way never to get taken seriously.

1310480585093.jpg

No, just no.
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Why not YOLNT?
    19839406.jpg

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast