Advanced H.I.D CDJ 900/2000 Traktor - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    First change over dj ,if a dj is playing with audio cd or frm memory stick before me can I just select one deck to change over to traktor to mix into his trak and once done just select the other deck to change over?
    Yep, you can add decks one by one. This should not be a problem. Since this is toggled by the LINK button, I'm not sure how that would behave if the CDJs are actually linked over ethernet. I think you get a choice of link mode if that is the case but I have no idea whether the actual music library linking is still happening when you enable HID in that situation...

2nd is it as easy to setup as the tutorials suggest?
    Pretty much. You're on windows so you don't have to install the cdj aggregator - the cdj driver will do that for you automatically as you plug in more decks.
    Make sure you've installed it before Windows will ask to reboot when it has detected and installed the first cdj you plug-in, I did it but I'm not sure how necessary it is.
    I had to make sure I plugged the cdjs in the order I wanted to use them - deck 1 first then the others because the CDJ outputs available in traktor seem to be numbered from this order, definitely not from what deck you select on the CDJs. This can be a little confusing.
    I'm not sure which firmware the 900's have, is this a major issue?
    They recommend to have it up to date, but I didn't bother checking when I played with the 2000s. The upgrade procedure is supposedly rather foolproof but being the extra cautious type, I wouldn't want it to fail on a device that's not mine, so I haven't done it yet (even though I have the firmware updates for 900s and 2000s on both my emergency usb sticks).

Do you think I should just use a x1 and an audio 8 with house mixer to avoid hassle?
    The least hassle is by just plugging into the 2 CDJs and using their built-in audio interfaces. Once you've first done it, it's a breeze the rest of the time.

If you want to feel more comfortable at first, you can also use CDJs in HID AND your Audio8 provided you have enough usb ports. That way, you're already used to setting up and plugging in the A8 and then you don't really have to care about the order in which you plug in the CDJS - just assign the cd decks and off you go. If it doesn't behave too well, you can always plug in the X1 as well.
    Takes more time to set up, but it can be a good transition should you not trust it at first.

As I said : I once had timecode issues halfway through a set with turntable #2.
    I just got an extra usb cable from my bag, plugged it into one of the 2000s, and a few button presses later (press link, click the browsing knob to engage HID, turn and click the browsing knob to select deck B, if memory serves right) I had it take over my annoying deck.
    Most of the time this took was spent doing the cabling because my audio8 was already in use and I just kept using that instead of picking the CDJ interface in traktor.

You sir are a gentlemen!

thankyou, I'll use the audio 8 as gonna record tonights gig in traktor and use the cdj900s in HID. Thankyou again
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

You're welcome, let us know how it went

thanks,

Well got there and one of the dj's had setup Digital Vinyl System with traktor. He's One of the most dj at the top in Brighton. But did not know anything about HID in Traktor. I could'nt be bothered by then to try it out. Real shame. I just ended up pluging his adio * into my laptop and ended just using a kontrol x1 as I could calibrate for some reason. Anyway He went back on later, supposedly his last gig and time to shine. Well it all went pear shaped for him. I think he was'nt switching master decks or something. Anyway I was happy with my set and my mates agreed I played the best one. If i get a chance I will try out HID for cdj's. Kinda want to spend some money and pick up a pair of cdj's that have the HID ability. Thanks for your help again, I have learn't alot without eating the cake in the end
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

i used HID w/ CDJ'S 2000 & the DJ after me couldnt play his cd, my question is how do you switch to cd mode with out the music stopping do you just disconnect the usb cable from behind one of the cdjs then let him mix in then disconnect the other one? please help!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvazquez View Post
    i used HID w/ CDJ'S 2000 & the DJ after me couldnt play his cd, my question is how do you switch to cd mode with out the music stopping do you just disconnect the usb cable from behind one of the cdjs then let him mix in then disconnect the other one? please help!
    I play with HID in all Clubs, the only thing you have to remember is that when you switch back to USB or CD that you will have to push the browsing encoder to actually select the track (not by hitting play). Otherwise it will flip back to the Link Mode as at that time the controls are still linked to Traktor. I have seen many struggle with that but it really is simple and logical once you know it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678