I pad djing
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I pad djing

Default I pad djing

Hey looking for some help, i was thinking about buying an ipad or equivalant and using it for djing, what are your views on this? at the moment i have an scs4dj and not liking it at all!! So any info would be great thx Rastey.

What don't you like about your controller?

Record function is shite, beat sync is shite, headphone volume is shite, updates are shite... i could go on. Don't get me wrong the hardwear is great but as always software lets it down. Concept is smashing no computer, just needs a decent/stable program to make it brilliant. Oh yeah autogain is tat no actual gain control, bad move!
    Last edited by Rastey; 07-13-2012 at 12:17 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

So the iPad will be your only piece of hardware? I wouldn't like that.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Look up Algoriddim's djay and see if that will work for you. I think it will work with controllers too so you can use the hardware with it. You'll probably want some other hardware for a soundcard since the ipad sound card is weak; I think Alesis makes a dock for the ipad with sound ins and outs.

But seriously if you're gonna use an ipad for your software why not just use a laptop? Install Traktor, use your stanton as a midi controller, rock the house.... If you really want to get away from a computer, go to vinyl or CDJs. An iPad is just a computer, and you'll be frustrated by its limitations (small screen, lack of CPU power, limited software options, etc.) Either way you're still looking at a screen.

Of course, you can get 2 ipads and a mixer and be like Rana June if that's your thing. It's a little different though; the ipads are just being used to generate the music, and the mixer is where all your controls are.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    So the iPad will be your only piece of hardware? I wouldn't like that.
    You'd be wayyyyyyyy better off with a $200 netbook with 4gb ram + Mixxx (free) and a Mixtrak pro than screwing around with iPad apps.

The software is actually decent for ipad (Djay/Mixvibes cross), the functions are all pretty good, browsing library is great, stability is great BUT the lack of proper headphone/master outputs (mono only with a splitter cable) and the current lack of controllers would make me say no-way jose.

The Alesis Dock is not supported by any of the current DJ apps for audio output and the numark iPad discover DJ thingy is the only controller that actually works with djay far as I know.

Ok, so the views so far are not great, was watching some youtube vids earlier, ipad seems to be ok! don't really want to use a laptop to many things to go wrong.. one interface with all in is what i'm after. Anymore dj all in ones about kinda tried and tested.

Why not sell the stanton and buy a controller made for software you like? If you're already willing to drop the cash for a new ipad...

Maybe i'll look at an S2 or vci100 mk2 still don't want to use my laptop though.

No laptop then you need to look at cheaper or used CDJ solutions.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast