ending
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ending

Default ending

how do i end a dj set so that it "goes with the flow" and that people know im ending it? samples? song choice?
    -thank you

just let your last record play out. Or do a slow fade out. It's easy. A slow fade out is probably best - the crowd slowly twig's that you're ending up.

You might even get a few claps/cheers/whistles.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Faithfully by Journey is always a good choice.

I agree, slow fade is good. Just don't ride the filters and effects for too long. That annoys the shit out of me.

I usually try to play something rather melodic and emotional to end a set. Cannot really say something more specific, but it often happens when digging for tracks (or digging through my own collection) that I think "oh, this would make a good closing track".
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Wizard

i personally go with 'strobe' by deadmau5. its very easy to eq/ filter out and if you do it properly you can go to just the high eq knob for a steam noise to end.

i was about to ask a question like that, thank you.

This is the problem with modern society, we are force fed information and rules then tested on everything without actually experiencing the discovery first hand, so when it comes to doing something creative people automatically assume there are rules they must follow... The answer is there is no way to signal to the crowd the set is ending... do what feels right to you, if you don't have a sense for what sounds good you are on the wrong path, if you have a little faith in your ability run with it you might just surprise yourself. /rant
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    This is the problem with modern society, we are force fed information and rules then tested on everything without actually experiencing the discovery first hand, so when it comes to doing something creative people automatically assume there are rules they must follow... The answer is there is no way to signal to the crowd the set is ending... do what feels right to you, if you don't have a sense for what sounds good you are on the wrong path, if you have a little faith in your ability run with it you might just surprise yourself. /rant
    You're absolutely spot on here, I agree. My general feeling is that many new DJs are looking for advice on how to to DJ, worrying about not enough fx/loops/samples during their mixing, what kit, how to do this and that during a set, all of which I have no great problem with, however.... it's all about getting stuck in and learning for yourself and practice. I don't understand this obsession with emulation and questions on what's right or wrong in DJing terms, try it, gauge it, what works and what doesn't... No issue with asking for pointers but trying to follow some set path will not be fullfilling IMHO.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Queen- We Are The Champions

Wonderwall. Always.
    HP Envy 14 - EKS Otus - 2 x Midifighter Classics - Midifighter 3D - Korg KM202 - X Session Pro - M-Audio AV40

- http://soundcloud.com/joshlomas -

Reverb/Delay freeze.

All day.

Every day.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast