Numark Ns10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Numark Ns10

Tech Mentor

Default Numark Ns10

http://serato.com/forum/discussion/159023

On June 6th 2010 Numark introduced the NS10, a breakthrough DJing device.

Specifications:

- 2 spinning platters with vinyl and mixer section as seen on the acclaimed NS7
    - internal 500 GB hard drive (sizes up to 2TB)
    - touchscreen display with iTunes-style Coverflow for song selection based on artwork, transport onscreen controls, XY touch pad for FX manipulation, library editor and Pong game capability for casual gaming during long breaks
    - embedded OS and Serato® ITCH sofware, for maximum integration and reliability for the mission-critical task
    - 2 USB ports for library management via PC/Macintosh® computers and external HD
    - no need for a laptop on stage anymore

Mario Pincopalla, a Numark spokesman, declared: "we felt that computers dont't have a lot to do with DJing, especially machines built for accounting purposes like Vista PCs. Also, different computers mean different issues, with too many variables in play, to a degree in which a perfectly stable combo is virtually impossible to build. That's why we have decided to integrate the computer INSIDE the controller."

"Moreover, the system is very scalable; later this year we'll introduce a touch-screen-only version of the NS10, dubbed the NS-ZERO, with virtual onscreen platters and mixer section, aimed to bars and bedroom DJs. In the middle, we'll offer the NS5, a smaller, simplified version of the flagship NS10, without spinning platters.", mr Pincopalla said.
    Dunno if its made up or not

Tech Mentor

I wanna see what this looks like! Built in effects and pc?!? Sounds dope and expensive =p

Tech Mentor

On June 6th 2010 Numark introduced the NS10, a breakthrough DJing device.

On 2010 they introduced this? Cool...

its a joke. but a cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmesk View Post
    its a joke. but a cool idea.
    Yeah I really don't think they would be trying to build hype this early. Especially after the NS7 was just put on the shelves.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Tech Guru

yea and the part about playing pong during breaks? seriously? if you were djing in a club would you really want to play pong during breaks?
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Guru

i can see where they are coming from with this and i see a lot of people benefitting from this approach. however this more or less kills what programmers have called "innovation at the edges". this means since this is a closed environment, there is also nothing you can do to extend it with things you want, since they are essentially working hard to cut out this flexibility. now if they simply released an optimized Linux that is focused to DJing, now that would be a whole new thing ..
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Quote Originally Posted by mpetersen3 View Post
    yea and the part about playing pong during breaks? seriously? if you were djing in a club would you really want to play pong during breaks?
    pong has been a part of ssl for a long time and people on the itchboard were demanding pong. actually that statement made me kind of believe its true, you know, those new zealanders have a strange humor

what a shame it's numark .

Tech Guru

is pong really in ssl? that is funny I guess, interesting more now that I realize that you could play it using vinyl, and it might be neat if you projected it.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast