Controller with phono inputs?

Default Controller with phono inputs?

Hi all,
    I'm after a new controller but would like to plug my decks into it, as I still have lots of vinyl. Been using virtual DJ and total control for a while but now using Traktor and need a new cntroller for it, perfect time to bring the vinyl back.
    I know of only 2 that have this option: Behringer BDC3000 and Hercules. Are there any more?

Was thinking Traktor Scratch but I only have 1 deck and no mixer, the BDC sounds good but is it any good? (Build quality, scratching?)

Shame VCI doesn't have a Photo input, that would be perfect!
    Any advice appreciated
    Last edited by shima records; 06-05-2009 at 05:28 AM.

My advice would be to get dediced soundcard - soundcards build into controllers are usually second grade as far as quality is concerned.

Also your choice of your interface shouldnt really hindered by soundcards, your interface is the most important part of your setup and its something that there should be no comprimising on.

So i would recommend an audio 4 or audio 8 soundcard.

My music PC uses an M-Audio Audiophile, more than happy with it.
    But I want to bring the vinyl decks into my mix alongside Traktor, if I use Traktor and a VCI and then vinyl decks alongside wouldn't I need 2 mixers (VCI and 1 analog mixer)?
    The Behnringer eliminates this by having midi controller and phono inputs in one mixer.
    Or is there an easier option I'm missing?

i own a bcd and i´m very happy with it...the only thing u have to take care is, when using traktor and vinyl u have to switch to external deck on the controller and the one deck in traktor will be not playing...so still just 2 decks...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by shima records View Post
    My music PC uses an M-Audio Audiophile, more than happy with it.
    But I want to bring the vinyl decks into my mix alongside Traktor, if I use Traktor and a VCI and then vinyl decks alongside wouldn't I need 2 mixers (VCI and 1 analog mixer)?
    The Behnringer eliminates this by having midi controller and phono inputs in one mixer.
    Or is there an easier option I'm missing?
    You can run vinyl decks into the soundcard, then control the mixing with the midi controller. The decks dont have to plug strait into the midi controller. Also if you got an Audio 8 or Audio 4 you could use vinyl timecode would i would highly suggest if you want to use Vinyl decks along side Traktor.

i agree with bentosan and think it would make more sense to get a dedicated card that has the ins/outs you need and a seperate controller.

Tech Wizard

I use a turntable along side my vci 100, TPro ,and a8dj. i route the turntable into channel 1 on the a8dj and use the same channel (CH1)for the output. that goes into the PA. i'm thinking u can get away with alot smaller of a soundcarrd like the audio 4dj. TPro allows you to route the channels, and decks, and crossfader how you want to. for my setup i use deck c for scratching on my turntable and decks a, b and d for mixing. it works out great, i can scratch whenever i like without having to switch to deck c+d control on the vci 100, but i still can use decks a, b and d on my vci 100 without having to use an external mixer.

Tech Convert

bcd3000 is the one you need , i have vision of using 4 decks with it 2 in mp3s and 2 in vinyl... dunno if it would work , but if i map all the current controls to deck c &d , and then i go to external modes a & b there will be four tracks , ofcourse youll need some midi modifier values to change the whole setup from a &b to c&d , but that would work ... i tried using 4 decks a*b vinyl c&d mp3s it worked four tracks at once

Thanks all, never realised Traktor had the external option!
    I've now got 2 vinyl decks set up as external channels and mp3's as internal, all controllable through Traktor (cue, effects, final mix down)...in front of me all this time and never realised!!
    Just need a good controller to mix with now.