How to open Audio8DJ after 4 horrific beer spill
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default How to open Audio8DJ after 4 horrific beer spill

Hi everyone!

last night some joker spilled his beer over the dj booth, at first i thought it wasn't that bad, but within a few minutes my audio input on the right channel failed. so my timecode stopped working. then slowly the left stopped working and i had to go back and use the trackpad and keyboard...

but that wasn't the end of it. slowly the left output stopped working!

if there is a hell, i was there last night!

now i have 2 questions;

is there a mono option in traktor pro 2?

how do i open up my audio8dj interface to see what the actual damage is?

Don't know how to open it. Just gonna say sorry dude and think about dj insurance.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    Don't know how to open it. Just gonna say sorry dude and think about dj insurance.
    big time... insurance has been quite a popular subject recently, i feel for you mate

Where did you play? If you played in a club, shouldn't the club owner pay for your damage?

Sorry for not being able to give you tips on how to open it... Never owned a NI soundcard...
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

Quote Originally Posted by RockingClub View Post
    Where did you play? If you played in a club, shouldn't the club owner pay for your damage?

Sorry for not being able to give you tips on how to open it... Never owned a NI soundcard...
    nope. the club has nothing to do with this. either you have insured your gear or the guy who spilled the beer has a liability insurance. there´s no other way
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Mentor

I've only opened an audio 4, no idea whether there is difference regsrding the opening procedure of the card. If you want me to make a quick guide with the audio 4 tell me.
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    nope. the club has nothing to do with this. either you have insured your gear or the guy who spilled the beer has a liability insurance. there´s no other way
    Ok. That's valuable knowledge!
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

Tech Guru

honestly mate just stop the music grab the guy and shout for a bouncer. make sure they get his details and get a witness then you could send him the bill. get a bag fill it with silica gel packets leave it in there for about 4 days. see if it works. if not then look at taking it apart and just cleaning it with an air duster.

Tech Guru

Never opened it before, but you have some screws on the bottom, then some hardware that needs to be taken off on the sides (USB hook, TT ground, knobs, stands, and you might need to take out the visible screws). Have you tried at all yet? It doesnt look too bad to get apart.

you CAN sue the club and they are dicks for not offering to help out. Did this dude do it on purpose or by mistake?

Don't ever let anyone put drinks above your equipment. I don't even let people hand me a drink over the equipment.

This is why you need a rider.

If you do get it open, this stuff is great: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...S1603-/20-2080

Silica Gel is good in the first 48 HRS, but after that, all the liquid will evaporate and you need to fight the corrosion.

Good luck.

>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast