What should I buy next
    Tech Mentor

Default What should I buy next

Hey guys,

Just recently started to digital dj or dj in general and I'm wondering what should I get next? I only have a x session pro and a uca 202. So what do you guys think I should add to that? I was thinking about getting the connectiv soundcard for my next purchase because it comes with the torq software and a pretty decent soundcard for 200 bucks. Or should I get something with velocity pads like a nano pad or trigger finger?

I only have virtual dj and torq le for my softwares too. So what do you guys think I should get for my next purchase? =)

seems like a good idea if you want to stick with torq, but if you were to add the cost of other software in there as well, i think you have other card options, like the audio4.

what os are you running? i would just check the m-audio site to see if anyone has issues with similar computers. I know back when i tried the connectiv box on the my vista box it would sometimes cause a bluescreen. they may have fixed it already, but the point is to check compatibility.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I know a lot of users have complained about M-Audio drivers on macs, if you have OSX then that's something to consider.

I'd say get the Audio4, but I have kind of become a whore for good sound cards
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

Well I don't have a mac I just have a hp dv6000 with xp home on it. So have any of you guys hear bad news with the connectiv and xp laptops? So should I go for a soundcard first or another piece of equipment?

soundcard is pretty crucial, but i've seen people DJ fine with the DJ IO, and it's not too expensive. other than that, i recommend SPEAKERS! good speakers are crucial to any DJ i've found, as starting off and not playing in clubs, most people don't have a good sound setup if you're playing house parties/weddings/etc. might not be your bag, but i think it's important.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition