Temple of Boom / Jester's Lab
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Temple of Boom / Jester's Lab

Circa 2006. We decide to give mixing a proper go. Brother Picks up the American Audio Console and i'm using a Tower PC and the mighty Psyboard©

The Psyboard© Freshly excavated from the shed.

First party with our epic setup. I can monitor off the PC (5.1 ch) and mix externally off the AA. On Final Scratch is DJ Flux, The founder of the Gathering parties here in New Zealand. Not a bad dude to help us get started!

We start getting gigs in town (and i discover DJTT) so i splurge on a controller, DJ-Tech Imix. Hook up with a great crew and get the use of a DJM600 whenever we want. I start mixing on that.

Brother picks up a DJM600 and CDJ800's. I Finally get a laptop and an Audio 4! AA goes into "retirement".

We get the Wharfedale Pro 15" PA's, Stands etc. Epic wattage.

Skipping ahead a bit. I Flick off the I-mix, get two X1's. Sold Audio 4, Pick up an Audio 6 and Crane Stand.

I pick up a UDG bag and a few bits and pieces to cram in it.

Pick up some nice Chromacaps for the X1's and the DJM600 and pick up a Midifighter 3D

Decide to pick up a mixer of my own. I have to choose between a DJM700 or DNX1600.

Jester's Lab

The journey continues .. Questions + comments welcome.
    Last edited by Jester; 07-30-2018 at 09:22 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

In Pabloco's setup thread you brought it up you like Denon.

I always assumed their build quality was a bit dodgy for some reason but you seem to love it quite a bit.

Sometimes it's like my korg zero 4 has seen better days, after all it's been supplying beats to the peeps since 2008 so I might look into the DX series of mixers. Not for right now but if the zero 4 finally can't cope with it all anymore.

So opinions on the brand Denon (and their mixers) anyone ?

Don't wanna thread hijack but didn't feel like this was appropriate for a whole new thread.

I've used a lot of mixers .. good ones .. DJM600, 700, 800 etc. Shitty ones .. Behringer DJX700 and others i was too drunk to remember. We've only had this Denon less than a week and all the boys agree (even the ones that have djm700's) that the build quality, feel, sound output, midi implementation, everything on this is FAR superior. Time will tell though huh
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Nice if it's on par with pioneer than it must be really good in general.

Fun fact, a DJ I know that hates everything digital has a DX-1700.
    Pretty ironic that he has one of the few traktor scratch certified mixers that also have midi capability yet he makes fun of traktor every once in a while and looks down on DJs that use software.

Just thought I'd share.

And are those midi paramater knobs endless or not ?

They are endless push encoders yup. Actually i just picked the mixer up from the bar this afternoon so haven't mapped much to it yet. Basically i've just mapped the top one to scroll thru the list and toggle browser mode and set the buttons as load functions for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    They are endless push encoders yup. Actually i just picked the mixer up from the bar this afternoon so haven't mapped much to it yet. Basically i've just mapped the top one to scroll thru the list and toggle browser mode and set the buttons as load functions for a start.
    Marvelous, it's great that it covers the basic needs with midi. So you don't need an X1 unless you want to get crazy.
    If I wan't to midi map something on the korg I need to give actual knobs on the mixer so Denon was real nice and provided some extra ones.

I still love my korg tho

sweeet setup thread
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Really nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

It's really nice to see a setup from someone else who plays trance and not house. Big up!
    Do, or do not. There is no try.

thanks mate. this is a 6 year or so journey for us

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast