Some quick opinions on APC20 vs Machine
    Tech Mentor

Default Some quick opinions on APC20 vs Machine

I currently have the APC20, been using it off and on with Ableton and Traktor. Ive been seeing a lot of videos and setups with the Machine and Ive been wondering what is considered better as far as live performance and studio flexibility.

Im sure there are threads about this, but just wanted a fresh opinion on the subject and need some insight/advice on it. Should I keep the APC or sell it to get a Machine?

Tech Wizard

I have an apc20 and a mikro and they are ment for wayyyy different things.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Totally different things mate, it really depends on your workflow and what type of controls do you prefer. I think Maschine is a better performance and studio tool but mainly due it's software.

There are a few user scripts to control Ableton with Maschine without needing to map a thing such as the following.

Two different things. It's a shame so many people buy maschine just to use as a glorified midi controller with some light up pads. It's a huge waste when you consider what maschine actually can do.

Tech Mentor

I might just sell my APC and get a Mikro. Seems to be more my style. Even with Ableton I dont use the APC nearly as much as I thought I would. Seems to only be useful for the live sequencing aspect of Live.