Video DJing

Thread: Video DJing

Tech Mentor

Default Video DJing

I am currently using a s2 with Traktor but I may have some gigs coming up that will require me to DJ with music videos. Does anyone know a good software to use for mixing music videos? Another option would be to switch to Serato or Virtual DJ which I would rather not do since I have a lot vested into the s2 & Traktor.

I would take a look at Algoriddim's Vjay App. It's in the early days but shows a lot of promise. I will get one the day I switch from an iPad first generation as it requires iPad 2 or the new IPad.

Don't know how to sync Traktor to it, tough, assuming you need MIDI sync between the devices... Or you could live without it for the time being. SMPTE would be a better sync protocol, anyway.

Tech Guru

ive done a few gigs with traktor scratch pro and ran AVmixer pro in the background, works well enough for basic vjaying
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Mentor

I do have an iPad 3 and have been looking at using Algoriddim's Vjay App to play music video's and not use the laptop but since it is so new I worry about issues during the gig.

I have been looking into Virtual DJ and mapping it to my S2 to VJ. I would consider Serato but that would be a very expensive option.

Anyone know where I could buy music video's besides iTunes? I do have some video's but will been to get a lot more if I start this gig.