Maschine Mikro to work alongside Traktor S4 setup help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Maschine Mikro to work alongside Traktor S4 setup help

I have only had my Mikro for a week and TBH not had enough time to sit down and work everything out yet due to other issues.

Currently I have the Mikro Output going through the my s4 sound card by changing the Device in Audio and Midi settings within the Maschine software.
    I was try to record a mix today with both the s4 and mikro but the s4 would on record its own audio not the Mikro's as its audio was just passing through the device not as an actual input within the Traktor software. Is there anyway I can do this because it is very confusing.

If possible can I have micro output going through one of the s4's four channels ?

How would i do this / or can't i ?

Tried Posting this on NI forums but there about as much help as a nuns virginity ( ya can keep asking even though there no point , because you still wont get anything)

cheers guys

Tech Mentor

im confused. Youre trying to pass audio from the Mikro to the S4 using what?

It is my understanding that the Mikro only has a USB output. Theres no actual audio outs, its a midi controller that uses its own software to trigger effects, samples, etc within the computer.

I believe you can route the Maschines software to an input within Traktor and trigger samples that output to your monitors. Or you can control cue points and such through the Maschine as well.

Tech Wizard

I understand what you mean, and yes it can be done iv seen it first hand but how is beyond me.

Tech Wizard

The micro only has usb , but the audio can be re routed through the audio and midi setting to go through the inbuilt s4 sound card and travel out of my external speakers not my laptop speakers. The same sound card can record audio mixed through the s4 but will not record the machine audio even though it is being transferred through its sound card (the sound card must only be able to record sound actually running through the tractor software not the sound card only). What I want to know is with there being 4 channels within the traktor software and hardware can I get the machine audio to travel through one of the proper Chanel inputs and through the traktor software in which i should also be able to change it's eq .

in simple term audio is running through my s4 from the machine but the traktor software and hardware has no affect on it, i want to be be able to use that audio as an input through traktor to control but i dont know how ?

I have it set up this way with my Twitch, but the principle is the same so it should work on an S4 as well. Take a Y cable and route it from your laptops headphone jack to one of the inputs on the S4. Set Maschine up to use the laptops soundcard and speakers, and set Traktor to use the S4. Then on the input page in Trakor route the line in to deck c or d, then change that deck flavor to a live in. There are other ways of doing it I'm sure, but through trial and error I found this one.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MWagner View Post
    I have it set up this way with my Twitch, but the principle is the same so it should work on an S4 as well. Take a Y cable and route it from your laptops headphone jack to one of the inputs on the S4. Set Maschine up to use the laptops soundcard and speakers, and set Traktor to use the S4. Then on the input page in Trakor route the line in to deck c or d, then change that deck flavor to a live in. There are other ways of doing it I'm sure, but through trial and error I found this one.
    I thought that myself too, but it was going to be difficult adding more wire's to my setup as the headphone jack is rite at the front of my laptop meaning onece I put it on the laptop stand there wont be enough room for the cable to fit

There is a software solution. Virtual Audio Cable and Asio4All.

Virtual Audio Cable is exactly what it's named. Install on computer then open it. Of memory serves correct by default it creates one set of "cables", I personally have three sets (upper left hand corner of settings box allows you to create more sets). No other settings in VAC need to be touched.

Asio4All is your custom soundcard selector. You will choose A4A as your audio out for both Maschine and Traktor. You will need to open the settings in A4A and there is a Wrench icon in the lowere right corner. Click this and on the left side you will see a list of audio devices on the left including your computers stock hardware, your S4's master/monitor/and mic in, and lastly VAC. You will notice they are lit up in an Aqua color. Turn anything you aren't using in that program off, settings are different for each program. There are multiple instances running at the same time (can be found in notifications area next to clock).

So for example in my Mascine software I only have VAC enabled with 1 set of cables enabled, and only the Outputs enabled. In Traktor I's have all of the S4 stuff enabled and then that same set of cables input side. If this is done correctly you should in able to go to input routing in Traktor's preferences and select that set of VAC's to route through any decks live input function or the Aux. (not able to be EQ'd, Cue'd, or FX'd as it would of you sent through a deck).

That should do it, I'd you have a Windows machine anyhow.
    Technics MK2 + Maschine MK1 + Kontrol F1 + Kontrol S4 + Kontrol F1 + Mikro MK1 + Technics MK2
    Ortofon Digitrack/Scratch S/Nightclub S/DJ S + Slow Roasted SuperSeal + EV 112P x 2 w/ ZXA1-Sub
    *PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT PURCHASING QSC, YAMAHA, or EV LOUDSPEAKERS*

I am experiencing the very smae challenge with my S2 and Maschine Mikro.
    I havve NO external soundcard, so far i have been recording my mixes that I was plaing on my S2 via the record function in Traktor (on upper right side).
    I have Mikro maschine now, got a sweet tune together (IMO that is) , and got Traktor and Maschine synced together via the internal virtual Midi in Traktor.
    When I start a song in Traktor the recorder works fine and gets the sound signal, but nothing from Maschine mikro, even though I can hear it clearly plaing in sync with my other song from the s2.
    Do I need one of these small soundcards to be able to record the whole together?

Tech Wizard

can you please tell me how you have set yours up I would like to sync my machine with the traktor software also , how do you do this ?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Frederic Menges View Post
    I am experiencing the very smae challenge with my S2 and Maschine Mikro.
    I havve NO external soundcard, so far i have been recording my mixes that I was plaing on my S2 via the record function in Traktor (on upper right side).
    I have Mikro maschine now, got a sweet tune together (IMO that is) , and got Traktor and Maschine synced together via the internal virtual Midi in Traktor.
    When I start a song in Traktor the recorder works fine and gets the sound signal, but nothing from Maschine mikro, even though I can hear it clearly plaing in sync with my other song from the s2.
    Do I need one of these small soundcards to be able to record the whole together?

How do you do this ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast