SERIOUS, ridiculous problems with my VCI-400 EGE with Traktor 2 and then with 2.5.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default SERIOUS, ridiculous problems with my VCI-400 EGE with Traktor 2 and then with 2.5.

Hey guys, i'm a professional DJ/Producer, I'm going to be touring soon and cannot afford to have the problems I've been having recently.

I also have a RAIN Livebook, that to be honest i'm really unhappy with and can't believe they tried to sell this to DJ's.

First off every time I plug in my laptop charger in my laptop my speakers go crazy and the static noise is unbearable, this happens with every speaker system, granted this could be an issue with my laptop, which is a Livebook made by Rain Computers.

Besides that initial ridiculous issue, I have extreme latency issues including cracks and pops every single time I load a track while another one is playing even at 1000+ latency levels and standard usb latency. I also don't seem to have any other latency options under 56 and thats only available in the ASIO driver panel for my VCI.

These issues are driving me NUTS and my gigs are coming up and I can't afford to embarrass myself.

If anyone can point me in my direction i'd really appreciate it.

Jack Bastard

To be fair mate it sounds like the problem is with your laptop rather than Traktor or the 400.

Tech Convert

Well i'm going to test it out with my home computer instead of my laptop. If I still have the same issues we'll know its a problem with my VCI-400 EGE. As I plugged my VCI in, i'm already getting horrible static, so it doesn't look good.

Tech Convert

Ok. I did a test on my home computer and it's having no latency issues whatsoever on the lowest latency possible, which is great.

However the static noise is still occuring when I plug in my quarter inches to the VCI-400 directly, when I use it with my audio kontrol 1 soundcard it has no issues, no static etc.

Do you guys think this is a factory defect with the EGE edition?

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkoffs View Post
    Ok. I did a test on my home computer and it's having no latency issues whatsoever on the lowest latency possible, which is great.

However the static noise is still occuring when I plug in my quarter inches to the VCI-400 directly, when I use it with my audio kontrol 1 soundcard it has no issues, no static etc.

Do you guys think this is a factory defect with the EGE edition?
    Have you tried grounding the VCI? It comes with a grounding lead. Also, you may want to change the misleading title of this thread

Tech Convert

No I haven't, I don't know too much about grounding. Can you explain it to me?

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkoffs View Post
    No I haven't, I don't know too much about grounding. Can you explain it to me?
    You know the earth lead on a set of 1210s? It's just like that.

You could still do with changing the subject of your thread btw, this issue has nothing to do with the VCI or Traktor.

Default Grounding

This could very well be a faulty VCI-400. I'm not sure. I haven't yet used the 1/4" outputs. But it also could be a grounding issue.

Get a wire that has this kind of connector on the end(s). Slightly loosen a screw somewhere on the VCI-400 just enough to slip this around it and tighten it back up. I'm not sure which screw would be best for this, but probably one on the back somewhere. Maybe someone else has a recommendation on an appropriate ground screw? Connect the other end to an appropriate ground source. Ideally this would be a plumbing pipe or something but obviously, in the club, this won't be available. However, I believe most, if not all, mixers have a grounding screw somewhere on the back to connect to, since this is a common issue when using turntables.

ground.PNG
    Last edited by Bhajan; 07-19-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

Tech Convert

I'm looking into grounding issues as we speak, I was talking to the tech support here at tech tools and apparently this my be a faulty VCI-400. I've decided to invest in grounding adapters anyways, but I expect my products to work with quarter inch as this is the new standard.

Thanks Bhajan for commenting about the ground screw. Much appreciated.

Tech Wizard

One of the screws on the back of the 400 has an earth symbol next to it, use that one.
    www.andpartyandbullshit.com
    http://soundcloud.com/andpartyandbullshit/xmix_1-by-jpw

VCI-400 EGE, A&H Xone 92, A&H Xone 22, A&H ZED14, 2 x Technics 1210, 2 x Void Mycro 10, QSC RMX2450.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast