Organizing Email contacts via a large database.
    Tech Convert

Default Organizing Email contacts via a large database.

Interested to hears some feedback on what you guys use, or what you know is out there. Or any advice you can give on how to go about this, my head aches thinking about this but i know there are options out there.

Basically i have built up an email contact list over the years with around 1000 contacts. What i am after is an easy way to sort this out. I have imported this all from old hotmail and facebook.

Now ideally i want to be able to search through the contacts using tags. so if i type in DJ i get all the djs if i type in school i get all my school friends or maybe i type in Dubstep and get all the dubstep fans. Now i had used the contacts thing you get on apple, but however this option although will bring up the people if i write the tags in notes theres no quick option, to select all that pop up i would have to individually copy and paste the emails.

Anyone know any more / have any ideas about this ? I am sure there are a large number of software apps available but i am after perhaps the most professional as i want to use this database for future releases, events and competitions.
    twitter.com/preston_dj @preston_dj

Have a look at CRM software, there are plenty of good free ones around.
    SC | MC

all you want to do is be able to sort and categorize them?

or do you want to be able to add notes and other contact info?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Not exactly what you are asking for but part of MailChimp's features. It's what I use to send labels demos.

Tech Convert

I want to be able to search for categories easily enough and then mass email that category.

Thanks for the response i will have a look at some of the software mentioned!
    twitter.com/preston_dj @preston_dj

Yea sugar CRM should be able to handle that easily. Mailchimp would be really easy to do that as well.

Tech Mentor

google circles