How old is too old? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Everyone should fulfil their dreams. Just do what you love and which makes you happy. Good Luck!

Tech Guru

OP, fear ye not, get stuck in

(34 and still going strongish, although I'm not sure I could do the all nighters like in the late 90's )
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Tech Mentor

I started DJing electronic music at 37. I sincerely hope there's no such thing as "too old" ...
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Tech Guru

Never too old and never too young

I read that playing video games in your teens wires your brain for button pushing and explains why teenagers are so good at playing video games. There are also pro athletes who are not even at the top of their game till their 30's. Ive only been djing for a little over two years now and i'm 28. Your body is still growing into your early 20's. Your career will last as long as your hearing, so that is what you must fear for. Not your age.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Quote Originally Posted by djfunke View Post
    Your career will last as long as your hearing, so that is what you must fear for. Not your age.
    '

That indeed. As well as when you start complaining that music was much better 10 years ago, then it's time to stop DJ:ing as good music is everywhere.

dude...i am 39...my love affair with music was passed down from my parents...big ass hi fi system in the 70s...

ask PhotoJojo (who is older than me)(moves out of the way of the bus) about his sunday soul radio on purple radio...a 42 year old white dude in texas making black people cry all over the world...(i think he made his mom cry with a sunday soul set)...

point is...

well...i didn't really have one...

good day sir...

PS: PhotoJojo isn't black...but all i have seen are pictures...

When you just don't want to anymore, you are too old. I really enjoy playing in my house to me, making mixtapes for my friends, to me that is also success. I'm almost in a stable place living and job wise now and kind of have the hankering to get a weekday spot going either by weekly or bi-weekly just because there isn't anything going on my area, and something should be there. That said, I'm an old man now with kids of my own, that in a few short years are going to be wanting to go out, and I really don't think it is ever to late.

Decide what your ambition is and take one small step at a time towards the goals, don't worry about how much time it takes to get there, just enjoy the time you spend doing what you like.

FunkyFox ... i didn't start mixing until i was 27, chill
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

50 & still DJing.

Admittedly, no longer full time. But still holding down decent gigs.

Age is absolutely just a number. It really doesn't matter. You can do anything at any age.

(....although being 50 & knowing my girlfriend will be giving birth to our 1st child in a couple of months is a little scary!!)
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast