remixing tracks.

Default remixing tracks.

Ok guys, was just wondering what you use to remix, how you cut the sample etc. Meladyne are releasing that software this autumn, so obv really handy.

How do you guys do it?
    Sony VAIO VGN-FE31M , Vestax VCI-100 SE , Microkorg

Melodyne thing has already released that note software.

Personaly i use Fl studio to do all my productions. Sony Acid is also good for just smaples.
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

I do it by using Ableton.

A tool originally intended for mashups/remixes.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I like to use Reason. It has a sweet sampler and ton of other things. Also makes it easier to dub in your own everything (drums, fx, digi instuments). The down fall is, its hard to pull samples out of one file. What I mean is you have to open an editor like protools, audition or what not and cut up parts you want. But after that its fun as can be.

I also have been trying to see if traktor and reason can mess. Like you Ableton users are doing.

I've tried alot of stuff and now after almost 10 years a of using Protools I am a Ablton convert .

Great to hear.

Also tried a lot, from MixMeister to Fast Tracker to Mad Tracker to Fruity Loops to Reason to Cubase to Nuendo and finally ending up at Ableton.

It just fits my workflow best.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

If i want to dive deep into audio material cutting and doing reprocessing i usually use FL studio, recently though i have just been using Ableton Live as it integrates into live play when djing alot easier even if it is more of a pain in the butt

FL studios maximalist approach really has something going for it,
    but then so does Abletons minimalist approach *pulls hair out*

Finally, you're getting rid of the Samson hairdo! Ableton users should have shortcut hair.. even crewcuts!

Tech Convert

foreverhex you should try out recycle for chopping up in reason, if you havent already! its worked wonders for me!

Still need to get me a copy of Melodyne.