Controllers, Airplanes, and the TSA. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by arrjaytea View Post
    save for one time when I'm certain a TSA agent thought my needles were some sort of weapon
    Shure M44-7s? In the right hands, those are weapons.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Shure M44-7s? In the right hands, those are weapons.
    All I need is a beer can
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I fly with my gear all the time. Normally have my turntables checked, then for carry on I have my mixer in one bag with my Maschine, X1, and F1 in another bag. It's a pain in security as you have to take everything out of the bags for the x-ray check, but other then that I've never had a problem with TSA and my gear going through security... Though I have had issues with them opening my turntable cases I checked and fucking with my gear (broken arm off one of my needles, of course it shouldn't have been in there in the first place anyway.).

You should be fine with your S4 as carry on.
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

porter robinson had his s4 confiscated before by tsa...had fun reading that string of twitter rage

Tech Student

Recommend you stay away from using the flight case for your controllers and having it checked in. My case has been absolutely abused, its pretty evident its been thrown on the tarmac due to the heavy deep scratches and destroyed foam from cushioning the blows. After about 20 trips back in forth between airport terminals my S4 kicked the bucket.

A good trick though if you insist on moving expensive and fragile gear on airplanes is to check a gun (if you have one) in the case. Stops them from tossing it around and opening your cases and possibly swiping your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by speedycake View Post
    A good trick though if you insist on moving expensive and fragile gear on airplanes is to check a gun (if you have one) in the case. Stops them from tossing it around and opening your cases and possibly swiping your stuff.
    That's the first time I've actually read a decent argument for personal gun ownership.

But really, checking in luggage containing any DJ equipment should be a no no. They *always* toss your shit around; the more expensive or well protected it looks, I've found, the more likely they are to abuse it. Flight cases are just begging for it.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12