Controllers, Airplanes, and the TSA.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Controllers, Airplanes, and the TSA.

tl;dr: I've never flown with my S4 and Mono bag. Has anyone had issues?

I'm heading to DC in a few weeks to play for a friends wedding reception. Typically the only gear I fly with is my laptop bag, Audio 6, and a couple of pieces of control wax/vinyl, obviously no issues there (save for one time when I'm certain a TSA agent thought my needles were some sort of weapon).

This time, though, it's just going to be easier to bring a controller than try to have the family make arrangements for gear at the venue (full PA/sound already there), especially being 1000 miles away.

As I'm going to be cutting my flights extremely close, I'm trying to ferret out as many potential issues as I can before heading down just in case it would be better to ship my gear.

And for the record, according to AirTran's carry on policy, the S4 + Mono bag should be within limits.

http://www.airtran.com/policies/carry-on_checked.aspx

Any shared experiences/advice/etc. would be well appreciated.

I fly all the time with a VCI-100 SE with purple knobs on it and have only once been asked what it was.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

shouldnt have any problems.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    I fly all the time with a VCI-100 SE with purple knobs on it and have only once been asked what it was.
    +1. Took the vci with me on a few flights and aside from a few "oh that's like a turntable thingy!" from the TSA agents it wasn't a big deal at all.

Oh... the 911 thingy...... I suppose to a none savy person our equipment does look a bit sketchy........ and I mean DJ equipment not our slongs........

i took my s4 to usa and uk recently with no problems at all lots of djs fly regularly, so i'm sure you won't have any problems
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

the worse i get is, "you dj? chika chika ka!". never had a problem with the tsa, they just scan it and send me thru.

I took my S2 and F1 to Mexico with me in June. Had them in a small carry on, and never had any problems going through security. You should be fine.

just taking a guess, but bet the issue with your needles would lie in that telling someone you have needles in your bag usually illicits concern when doing a bag check. your gear isnt all that new to most people working the airport, plenty of various musicians got to fly frequently so youre going to see them and their tools of the trade.., the only issue would lie in thier ability to see with the xray whats above or below the object (just the same as a laptop). good equipment have solid chassis and that shit is hard to see thru. easy peasy man.

Tech Convert

it and have only once been asked what it was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast