Need Help with a Set Up
    Tech Student

Default Need Help with a Set Up

So I have 2 Numark NDX800s, the older ones, before they had the USB audio, and I have a Behringer DDM4000 mixer. The question I have is how would one best set this up to a computer, so that I could use Tracktor. Right now I do everything with flash drives and it is becoming a pain trying to keep all of the music organized since the NDX800 can't read more than a 4Gb stick. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone had any set up of equipment suggestions that would make that work. Thanks in advance.

You could use Traktor Scratch Pro and just use the Numarks as CD decks with the timecode CDs.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    You could use Traktor Scratch Pro and just use the Numarks as CD decks with the timecode CDs.
    Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a controller then? I was also looking at possibly upgrading to the new 800s or even the NDX900s.

Well, I was answering your original question which was how to use what you currently have with Traktor. If you're going to buy something new, then that opens up a whole new line of questions and answers. Are you asking "what should I buy?"
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Student

No, I understand and I appreciated it. These are all just possibilities I am working with trying to find the best solution. Like I mentioned in the original question I really just need something that will help me have access to all of my music. I do everything live and don't really like to use software as part of my DJing, but when you have over 150Gb of music it's not really practical to keep it all on flash drives or disks.

I totally understand and was in the same boat as you 2 years ago. I've really enjoyed moving to Traktor BUT it comes with some changes in workflow. I bought 2 midi controllers with pitch control and touch sensitive platters because I still want to be able to mix "old school" and not have to be up in a computer screen. I will say having access to four decks has been great for my downtempo/ambient sets. Sometimes having access to ALL your music at once can be a bit overwhelming though.

Tech Student

I know, and that is an issue too, but when I'm out at a gig, people keep coming up to me with requests and either I have to tell them I don't have, even though I know it's in my collection, just not with me, or I have to try and dig through all of my flash drives with continuing to DJ.