Party in 2 days! Im Stressin!!!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Party in 2 days! Im Stressin!!!!!

Hey DJTT! Long time no see

Im djing a grad party on saturday and was asked to play remixes of the "Newest" Songs, and also play old songs and work my way up to new songs

My Music library consists of 2005-2012 with some house/electro remixes such as Boyfriend (dada life Remix), Heartless Redline, Titanium (ales so remix)....and basically thats what the client wants

So I'm just wondering if you guys have any song suggestions for remixes of the newest greatest top 100 hits of 2012?

Ive been scouring the internet for the last week finding songs and i thought you guys can maybe help?

Thanks

-Aaron

Tech Mentor

Sorry, My Library consists of 1990's - 2012 Typo

So you're having trouble tracking down Top 40 remixes? Is that what you're asking?

Otherwise the term "newest greatest top 100 hits of 2012" is very subjective.

Alternatively... Beatport has this section called the Top 100, usually a fairly good indication of what the most overplayed/popular songs are.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    So you're having trouble tracking down Top 40 remixes? Is that what you're asking?

Otherwise the term "newest greatest top 100 hits of 2012" is very subjective.

Alternatively... Beatport has this section called the Top 100, usually a fairly good indication of what the most overplayed/popular songs are.

Sorry i meant Remixes of the "Newest blah blah blah"

and i haven't thought of checking beatport yet thanks for the idea ill head over now

Quote Originally Posted by aarondavid View Post
    Sorry i meant Remixes of the "Newest blah blah blah"

and i haven't thought of checking beatport yet thanks for the idea ill head over now
    To be perfectly honest dude, most "Pop" songs of the last 12 months have been house music, in tempo anyway, and also most of the remixes sound crap and poorly done. I play a monthly commercial house/top 40 residency and never really need to play top 40 remixes, the odd bootleg, but that's it.

For example most things by Nicki Minaj, Guetta, Avicii, LMFAO etc etc all sit around 120-130bpm, and if you track down an extended version then you can still do nice long mixes if you like.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    To be perfectly honest dude, most "Pop" songs of the last 12 months have been house music, in tempo anyway, and also most of the remixes sound crap and poorly done. I play a monthly commercial house/top 40 residency and never really need to play top 40 remixes, the odd bootleg, but that's it.

For example most things by Nicki Minaj, Guetta, Avicii, LMFAO etc etc all sit around 120-130bpm, and if you track down an extended version then you can still do nice long mixes if you like.
    Ya I've been thinking the same thing, I've found a couple mashups to get the over used songs outta the way, and i have most heavy hitter songs like Levels, Titanium, Let's Go, Comming Back For You, Sound the Alarm, Ai Se Tu whatever... Lol

Am i headed in the right direction?

Perfect. Throw in a few cool mashups and you'll have em eating out of your hand. I find that the Chuckie Jump Around mashup tends to make people go nuts. I've got a bootleg of Yeah by Usher which always works a treat as well.

It's not the most credible type of music to play, but if you do it right you can make people lose their shit, plus the people that listen to this stuff/crap are no where near as fussy as your more underground crowds, so you can have a lot of fun and make a lot of people dance (something that can be difficult at house parties)

Tech Mentor

wow thanks for your great Advice! Im gonna search up some more songs and call it a night

Thanks again Shr3dder

No worries dude, glad to help. I play a couple of clubs like this every month under a different name to my usual DJ name, it's fun, something different and it pays well.

Oh Soundcloud is a great resource for bootlegs/mashups, just be wary of all the crap, for every good track there is 9 bad ones.

Include that Pryda vs Empire of the Sun - We are the Mirage. People die for that song lol.
    https://soundcloud.com/birdsofprey2
    https://twitter.com/MikeOshell

"Ask no questions, you hear no lies" -- Mark Strong

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast