Pool Party Music - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Noriddim View Post
    For more flare trigger two gun shots one fog horn and two lasers backspin and say Reeeeeewwwiiindddd trigger a machine gun sample then play track from the beginning.
    This transition sounds sick. I want to use it on my non-reggae tracks.

Can somebody tell me when riddims started getting shared across multiple artists? And who benefits the most? The riddim producer or the "biggest" artist of the riddim set? Do people ever get bored hearing the same beat for 15 minutes?

I wouldn't try this with anything BUT reggae - seriously. (TBH - I'd find it hard to pull off even with reggae!)

There is a ridiculously fine line between authentic, and down right rubbish!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

just find a reggea remix of avicci's levels... hahaha jk

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Noriddim View Post
    Well thing is it easy because its all I hear on the radio and clubs in the Bahamas. Radio stations are just branching out and hiring new DJ's who can actually mix more that just reggae and hip hop. The clubs basically sell out to the masses which are just getting into other genres. So yea Dj's down here have it easy in fact most guys here have made it simply because of their mic gimmicks.

We have a sad state of Djing over here.
    Hey I'm glad to hear somebody say it who actually lives there. I was in Kingston for a week (this was a few years ago) and was really disappointed in the DJs I heard. Granted, I didn't seek out specific DJs or do a lot of research, but I went to a number of soundsystem parties including Stone Love, and nearly every transition I heard was some variation of what I described. Very little mixing at all (if any). Lots of rewinds and they don't even turn down the treble before doing it so it's extra loud and abrasive. Most of the time they don't bother to drop the next track on beat. And yet this is in some ways the birthplace of a lot of DJ culture. But I guess "DJ" there used to mean what we would call the MC - an obnoxious dude who can get all chatty on a mic for hours about nothing, often over the best parts of the song :-/

Superstition Riddim (1999) Rag Town label

Anyone know where I can lay my hands on this riddim????
    No but it might not be too difficult to re-create it using the Stevie Wonder song; it's pretty much that riff chopped and repeated isn't it?
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123