music copyright
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: music copyright

Default music copyright

Ok, so the law are cracking down on file sharing in a big big way.

What will happen to the mp3 blog niche where I find some lovely remix gems?
    Sony VAIO VGN-FE31M , Vestax VCI-100 SE , Microkorg

Nothing. :-) The blogs, forums and generally ANYWHERE on the interbutts will, for the most part, continue to provide the masses with awesome tunes... We are too big and in too large of numbers for them to eradicate ALL of us! :-)
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

Yarr me hearties.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

how actually looks the copyright law for using music of another poeple playing on gigs, theatre performances eventually on air? ...in case is officially payed and downloaded.
    Thanks.
    Cheers

The industry said a while ago they are going to stop targeting individuals and focus more on the sites that host and share the content which has happened a fair amount recently ie pirate bay.

I think the method by which the media is shared will continue to change though, so it'll never get wiped out, first it was tapes, then CD's then napster/p2p, then torrents, now something like rapidshare, or hosted on a website. The sooner the industry accepts that sharing is here to stay but that it's grown the better.

bbs/usenet people... it pre-dates the internet and cant be shut down.. people have been file sharing on there since day dot. how do you think the pirates of years past got all their c64 and amiga 500 software?

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    bbs/usenet people... it pre-dates the internet and cant be shut down.. people have been file sharing on there since day dot. how do you think the pirates of years past got all their c64 and amiga 500 software?
    this. while people aren't using it nearly as much..there's no way that avenue could ever be shut down.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

I whole-heartedly agree. I think there's no way of shutting it down completely. We all thought it was the end of P2P when Napster got shut down, and like cockroaches, a million more P2P sites popped up.

My theory is, if you enjoy it, and especially if you make money off of it, pay for it. Torrents are great for learning, test driving etc, but at some point you should pay for it.

My main gripe with software and such, is that (like computers) it's obsolete in only a few years, where hardware can last for a decade or more as a great piece of gear.

I know the OP was talking about music, but it's all file sharing

This is slightly tangential--but I would recommend watching Rip: A Remix Manifesto. It's available for free on Hulu. More focused on remixing/sampling than file-sharing but interesting for anyone taking a look at intellectual property and music.
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    why?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast