I'm a New DJ - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I'm a New DJ

Tech Convert

Great thread. I myself been into this scene like house and techno music for a long long time exploring lots of different styles from IDM,dub techno, proper dubstep, deep house etc and pretty much starting out to get a traktor s4 to get into it and get good at it and not try to use the sync button as well and then probably upgrade to the cdjs + mixer route when I start to get something serious. Seriously the traktor s2/s4 is an awesome way to start out I think since cdj+mixer or TT+mixer route can get real expensive for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by bearthecrown View Post
    I was looking for some equipment to use for starting out. I had the tractor kontrol s2 but i wanted something with a little higher quality but easy to use...any suggestions. I have no budget
    Oh Lord. (massive facepalm)

I started out on crappy belt drive turntables 28 years ago... we had to... dj equipment was basic. We used skill to improvise.

The music inspired us to find ways to be Totally creative.

And you dis one of the easiest digital controllers in history to use ............ everything is mapped!

If it don't feel authentic............ use Vinyl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand this thread.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Mentor

Using a control s2 for all my gigs I have used cdj 2000 and had to all most exclusively in the clubs I can tell you that the s2 can hold its own once you know your gear and its limits you will be good. Also don't worry about other DJ's for some reason that is the only people who are clamouring about you gear anyway.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234