I challenge you! Yes YOU!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I challenge you! Yes YOU!!!

I've been a DJ since 93 or so. From Turntable, CDJs & Midi. Over the last couple of years I have post on DJTT and this have been a awesome community, but I feel like the we are fogetting the core mission we are trying to achieve.

Now here is the challenge.

GO MIX! GO DJ!

I feel like alot of us have gotten sucked in with all this dj technology that we are worrying too much about what gear, software, laptop, or hardware. Rock what you got!

Mix for fun, record your sets, post them on soundcloud, mixcloud, mixcrate, youtube, etc. Meet up with local djs, go crate digging at 2nd hand stores for vinyl & cds...you'll be surprised how much cool music is out there aside from the BeatPort Top 100.

Lets make DJ-ing or spinning fun again.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I, literally just finished a 2 hour session and this is the first post I read? Oh well, back to it.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

I'm with you 100%, Jesc. Less time typing - more time mixing.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by DJ JesC View Post
    It's the reason I still play records in my bedroom after nearly 20 years of having decks. I enjoy it. I lurrrrrvvvve it. It's something that relaxes and invigorates me at the same time. That's a neat trick.

I've played in most of the local spots in years gone by, but my best moments have been - just me, my decks and a couple of tins of quality, chilled beer. It's all about the feeling you get from the beats, there's nothing more fulfilling than that, my friends.

I'm on this website so I've obviously turned to the dark art of digital DJ'ing, but I do think some kids are missing a trick by not seeing that this is meant to be fun, and it's not that big a deal folks. Try to enjoy it a bit more. I know I did - and still do.

Totally agree. Good DJs could even get the job done with one or two iPods.

I would but I'm afraid I won't be able to DJ until finish deciding which controller would best complement my current setup, then I have to create a custom mapping for it and show it off on the internets.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ JesC View Post
    I've been a DJ since 93 or so. From Turntable, CDJs & Midi. Over the last couple of years I have post on DJTT and this have been a awesome community, but I feel like the we are fogetting the core mission we are trying to achieve.

Now here is the challenge.

GO MIX! GO DJ!

I feel like alot of us have gotten sucked in with all this dj technology that we are worrying too much about what gear, software, laptop, or hardware. Rock what you got!

Mix for fun, record your sets, post them on soundcloud, mixcloud, mixcrate, youtube, etc. Meet up with local djs, go crate digging at 2nd hand stores for vinyl & cds...you'll be surprised how much cool music is out there aside from the BeatPort Top 100.

Preach son Preach.
    https://soundcloud.com/birdsofprey2
    https://twitter.com/MikeOshell

"Ask no questions, you hear no lies" -- Mark Strong

Ufffff i was in need of hearing that from someone!!! Its like right now i spend more time reading and wanting new year than actually mixing!!!!!!! So thank uuu sirrrrrrrrrr u just made my day no mf3d for me no xone k2 no unused new condoms!!!!! Nothinggg just gonna mix this weekend!!!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Words of wisdom jess
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

I just got Komplete in the mail. I am going to spend all night playing with Absynth and drinking absinthe.

Soon I'll post some new tunes for ya'll to spin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast