Customized Ean's 2.2.8 TSI (requires bome's)
    Tech Guru

Default Customized Ean's 2.2.8 TSI (requires bome's)

Since I keep highjacking other peoples threads with news about my TSI, I guess I should start my own.

Here is a list of modifications:
    • pitch fader range extended
    • swapped eq fx gater and drive effects so that they match the overlay
    • shift+crossfader selects the deck in focus
    • shift+snap sets keylock on the deck in focus
    • fixed juggle button taking things out of juggle mode even if the juggle knob
      is still active
    • set hotcue 1-8 on the deck in focus and flash the juggle button LED when juggle knob is on and the juggle
      button is pressed, pressing the juggle button again, reverts back to normal juggle 2x4 hotcue mode
    • add support preview support via shift + FX ON buttons: load (Deck A Bank 1), pause/play (Deck A Bank 2), seek forward (Deck B Bank 1) and seek backward (Deck B Bank 2)
    • select the move length via shift+fx wet/dry on the deck on focus
    • execute move with shift plus: Loop On (beatjump back), B On (beatjump
      forward), C On (loop back), D On (loop forward)

Current version is available as a download from the DJTT google code project I started. Note that as the TSI filename implies it includes a full dump of my configuration, so what out that you do not overwrite any of your settings (in other words make sure you check the right boxes when you import). The solution requires Bome Miditranslator Pro 1.7+ (I am using the beta on OSX), the script is available at the above location too.

Some more details and a video are on my blog.
    I will keep posting updates to my TSI in this thread.

At this point I am quite happy with my TSI and I do not have any current plans to expand it more. I will need to put it to the test now. One thing you might have noticed that I am using deck focus a lot. I am not sure yet if this will work out well. Its essentially a cludge to make it easier on the mapping. However for the hotcue 1-8 mode I actually think its a big feature, since it would let you quickly switch to another deck for hotcues. So you can get very quick access to hotcues 1-4 on 2 decks and hotcues 1-8 on another deck. Anyways, now its time I get to actually practicing this TSI and make some music!

Feedback, ideas, comments are totally welcome.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

What did you have to change to extend the pitch fader range?

Tech Guru
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

found it all ready, but thanks for the info.