Does the X1's load button/knob let you "preview" a track like the S4 load button ?

Default Does the X1's load button/knob let you "preview" a track like the S4 load button ?

Hi everybody!

I'm contemplating for months now what I should get as a DVS support midi controller and I had a specific question about the X1.

The knob that loads the tracks in the decks, does it let you preview a track exactly like the track browse knob on the S4 ? So I mean scrolling through the list, selecting a track, previewing it with a waveform, audio straight to the headphones and scrolling through the track with the same knob.

Also this thread is open for other suggestions for midi controllers to complement a DVS set up.
    I'd map these functions:
    -Track browsing/preview/loading
    -Loops
    -Cuepoints (preferably 8)
    -Absolute/relative mode switch

? not required but maybe effects

I thought a lot about getting
    -A&H Xone 1D (super cheap btw)
    -MF3D
    -X1
    -Building my own
    That's all I can think of on top of my head.

I'd pick up an f1. It's got a lot of usability plus a mode where you can activate effects, have 8 hot cues, load tracks, sync tracks, and browse through your crates. It's great.
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

It does if you map it that way. You do know how to map, right?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

^This, it's a quite easy tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    It does if you map it that way. You do know how to map, right?
    You don't even have to map it. Just hit shift and browse and it puts you into the mode
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Quote Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes View Post
    You don't even have to map it. Just hit shift and browse and it puts you into the mode
    So even with the standard mapping it's real easy ? Fantastic.

And what's all this doubt about my mapping skills ?

hercules.jpg

I got this. I. Got. This.

EDIT: Hell even the jogs do effects, and yes I stole the idea from Mr. Golden himself. But the jogs are crap so it's more a novelty thing and I sold it anyway after a month of mapping

That was my dream controller when it came out
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can dooo eeett.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

I use an F1 in midi mode as a controller with my DVS... have the template layout.

This sounds like an awesome function. Got any tips or examples of how to map this with the browse knob on the f1? Not sure I get how the same button will scroll thru track (in preview browser?) and load automatically into preview? Is there a modifier needed for the scroll thru song function I'm guessing as normally scrolls thru tracks?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Any press encoder can do it. In controller manager under preview player map the button to load selected and play/pause. Map the encoder to seek position and if you have a shift you can map shift + press to unload.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x